I hope this is the right place...[hs drama]

DropDeadDarling

If it's not, sorry. :[ Feel free to move it!!

So, from about October of '06 to May of '07, I'd been going through a whole bunch of stuff. Family, school, friends, etc. were starting to pile up & it was really getting to me. Everytime I tried to turn to my best friend of five years, she would just get irritated with me. Even when we were just hanging out, she would make fun of me & just bring me further down. Eventually, it got to the point where she was purposely making me hang out with my ex-boyfriend. She knew everything he put me through & she knew that my boyfriend wouldn't like it at all. [Not because he didn't trust me, but because he knew how my ex had hurt me.] Then, she tried to make it sound like I had been trying to hook up with my ex.

I said I forgave her, and we were on good terms again, or so I thought. One night, I was talking to my boyfriend, and he started telling me that my best friend had came over to his house earlier that day to talk to him. Then he told me that she was STILL saying that I was trying to get with my ex & basically that I cheated on him.

Luckily for me, my boyfriend didn't believe her at all, because everytime she tried to get me to hang out with my ex, I called him & let him know what was going on. Well, after that, I realized we couldn't be friends anymore. She called me a slut & a bitch & spread rumours about me around school. [If you read my other thread about the teacher at my high school, this is the girl I was talking about.] On top of it, her MOM was instigating all of it. Her mom called me all of those names, too. Nobody believed her rumours, fortunately.

After our "break up," I contacted some old friends I had lost because of her. They forgave me for how I had acted while I was with her, and we're all friends again. Everyone has told me that I'm much better off without her.

For the past few months, I've been trying really, really hard to let go of everything that happened & be happy again. I know it was really hard on my boyfriend, because I was upset all the time & I would take it out on him alot. I had nobody to turn to, because I did't want anyone to see me as weak, especially when EVERYONE was saying that I was better off without her.

A few weeks ago, in the midst of all of this, I found out she had a new best friend. This didn't bother me particularly bad. But then I found out that she made out with that friend's boyfriend while they were dating, and the friend had no idea. I didn't know what to make of this, but I pissed she called me a slut when I've never done anything the least bit slutty, and she turned around & did that.

A few days ago, something clicked inside of me. I don't know what it was or why it happened, but I just felt so happy. I thought back to everything that had happened, and I realized it really was for the better. I realized that my boyfriend had been there for me through the entire thing, & it brought us so much closer. I realized that I had had friends that I had been pushing away because of her not liking them, but they were there for me when I was going through all of this. They all really helped me find myself. I've finally starting living for myself. I've started dressing how I want to dress & being who I want to be. I do what I want to do, I think for myself. And one of the best things about it all? I've started going to church again. I found God again. She was an atheist, so for a long time, I pushed my beliefs down to be friends with her. [I have no problem with athiests, btw. I still have friends who are.] I feel so free, and so happy, and like a much better person. I feel stronger, and I honestly feel like I deserve to be this happy. I want nothing more to do with her, & it's an empowering feeling, knowing I can be who I want to be & I have friends who'll love me anyway.

So, there was really no point to this, I just felt like letting all of that out. :]

xsnowwhite

ugh dont you hate it when your "friends" do stuff like that?

im glad you're happy now though, from what it sounds like you're def. better off without her!

VeXedPiNk

You are always better off without friends like that. A true friend will accept you for who you are, no matter what. I'm glad that you've found yourself again and are living life on your own terms
smiles.gif

Esperanza

In some ways your story reminds me of my own experience, especially about the huge lack of self-esteem after the end of your friendship. I can totally relate on that. But fortunately your real friends were there to support you and you have been lucid enough to realize that early. I'm happy that all that story has helped you to reveal yourself
smiles.gif

TangoMango

Situations like this may seem horrible while it happens, but in the end, you find out who your real friends are. It may seem twisted, but when I'm going through a tough time, I smile a little because I know I will find out who my true friends are.

You're lucky your other friends forgave you, most people I know wouldn't have done that. You have true friends now, so be grateful for that. Take this as a learning experience
smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine

hmm.gif
Still don't understand how she was "making" you hang out with your ex-boyfriend. Care to elaborate on that at all??

DropDeadDarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
hmm.gif
Still don't understand how she was "making" you hang out with your ex-boyfriend. Care to elaborate on that at all??

I thought there would be questions about that. :]

We were supposed to be having a "girls night out." We were gonna go to the mall, do some shopping, watch movies, etc. Last night, she called my ex-boyfriend & told him to be there, & didn't tell me until we were halfway to the mall. I wanted to go home, or at least let my boyfriend know, but she said everything would be fine. Later, she called me a slut for hanging out with him that night, even though nothing happened at all.

YvetteJeannine

Thanks for elaborating on that
smiles.gif

As I am sure you know, this 'friend' sounds very...um...UN-friendly. Sounds like she's jealous of you/your relationship and she is trying to sabatoge it. I would ditch her before she does something really fucked up (as if what she's already done isn't fucked up enough). People like that are capable of being VERY manipulative and sneaky; and she sounds like *just* the type to pull a stunt that could hurt you very badly.

I would TELL her how you feel about her. Let her know YOU know she's a back-stabbing, two-faced rotten bitch. People like her think they can get away with the stuff they do w/out anyone realizing how treacherous they are. Make sure you let her know you realize what she is. Good luck!

DropDeadDarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
Thanks for elaborating on that
smiles.gif

As I am sure you know, this 'friend' sounds very...um...UN-friendly. Sounds like she's jealous of you/your relationship and she is trying to sabatoge it. I would ditch her before she does something really fucked up (as if what she's already done isn't fucked up enough). People like that are capable of being VERY manipulative and sneaky; and she sounds like *just* the type to pull a stunt that could hurt you very badly.

I would TELL her how you feel about her. Let her know YOU know she's a back-stabbing, two-faced rotten bitch. People like her think they can get away with the stuff they do w/out anyone realizing how treacherous they are. Make sure you let her know you realize what she is. Good luck!

No problem at all!

I already did ditch her, I'm just waiting for the next school year to come around. We're on summer break now, but next year we're sure to see each other. If she comes up to me, I'm gonna let her know exactly what I think! Lol.