I just recieved these in the mail

xFlossy

I got these in a swap and I just thought I would check to see if they were real mac.

MAC 266SE

209j0p2.jpg

a5dn4z.jpg

ngocjo.jpg

Annnnd Frostlite Fluidline

2meqs7r.jpg

90c0ew.jpg

What I have noticed between the Frostlite and my Blacktrack is that the Frostlite is a tad bit smaller. I got my Blacktrack from a MAC counter so I know that ones real.

Can anyone shed some light?
smiles.gif
TIA, Ladies

redambition

The lid on the Frostlite looks different to my fluidline lids... but it could just be the picture angle. Also check the zig-zag imprint at the bottom of the jar (around the edge). My fluidlines have sharp, crisp zigzags.

Is there a batch number on the bottom label? Can't tell from your photo... If there is, can you let us know where it is located on the label?

xFlossy

Yeah there is, it's etched into the label I can just barely see the 6 and I think thats an A on top of the word Fluidline. I'm pretty sure that brush is a fake.

I just compared it again to the Blacktrack and the MAC logo is really crisp, on the frostlite it is squiggly if that makes sense? The zig zag isn't that crisp either.

I'm so mad! I have been swaplifted and now this all in the same week.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlossy
Yeah there is, it's etched into the label I can just barely see the 6 and I think thats an A on top of the word Fluidline. I'm pretty sure that brush is a fake.

I just compared it again to the Blacktrack and the MAC logo is really crisp, on the frostlite it is squiggly if that makes sense? The zig zag isn't that crisp either.

I'm so mad! I have been swaplifted and now this all in the same week.

The Frostlite... I'm not 100% sure but it does look odd to me. The batch code (etched into the label) is consistent with real fluidlines but the logo, lid shape and base of the jar seem off.

The brush: It actually looks pretty good on to me (using features normally used to verify authenticity), I just want to try and verify which set it's from as I am not that familiar with the SE brushes. I'll have to get back to you on that one, haven't been able to hunt it down yet.

xFlossy

I got a Lithograph Fluidline and the label on that is even bigger than the Frostlite.

I thought the 266 was thinner than that?

Thanks so much for going through the trouble of chasing it down
smiles.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlossy
I thought the 266 was thinner than that?

Thanks so much for going through the trouble of chasing it down
smiles.gif

You're welcome!
smiles.gif

I can't find a collection that has a teal end on the brushes - but it's possible the previous owner did it themselves. Hopefully someone else is of greater help here!

The normal 266 full size is pretty thin, but the 266SE I have is fatter and fluffier, as well as a little bigger. Here's some pics I took comparing the two - click to embiggen
smiles.gif

HTH

xFlossy

Yeah looks like the one! Thanks. Do you have any insight into the Frostlite? I got a Lithograph in mail the other day and compared it to the Blacktrack and the Frostlite and it looks a lot like the frostlite. Logo and everything. The only difference is, is the label size.

tamarindi

I'm sorry but I don't have any info on the fluidlines, I have 4 but I couldn't really spot a difference from the photos, maybe if you photograph your fluidlines side by side it would be easier to understand what are the differences.

maybe the Froslite is an old version of fluidlines? I mean the brush is from 2003...

Latest posts