I just washed my new CD Kabuki #182

arbonnechick

Do I need to shape it a certain way while it dries?
th_dunno.gif

This is the densest brush I own, not to mention the most expensive.

HELP me before it dries!!!
wavey.gif

mspixieears

I would ever so slightly, but I've never worked with a brush like that, don't own one. I'd gently blot it with tissue around it, not my bare fingers. But hopefully someone with more knowledge can help out here!

lara

After washing, lay it on its side with something under the ferrule so the handle sits higher than the bristles. Don't worry about how damp it is, as all the water will drain away from the handle and the glue won't be dissolved. If you need it dry ASAP, gently pat any excess water away from the sides with a good stiff kitchen paper towel (tissues will shed fluff onto the bristles, especially when wet).

As it's drying, rotate it every so often to ensure that all bristles have a chance to dry out. When it's totally dry, give it a good ruffle with your fingers. The dense bulb shape will reappear and there won't be any flat areas.
smiles.gif

HTH!

ruby_soho

When I wash my 180 I lay it on its side to dry overnight. Once it's dry and back in its plastic case, it usually gets its shape back within a day or two. All the scraggly hairs will get moulded back.

arbonnechick

Thanks everybody!
I actually fell asleep before getting all of these responses, LOL....but all's well that ends well, my 182 looks smashing this morning.
smiles.gif

Latest posts