I know this is a counterfeit MAC thread but does anyone have any knowledge of Stila?

User27

I bought a product off of Ebay called a Stila Bronzing Powder and could use some help figuring out if it's normal it arrived in this state. This is a compact called "shade 2" according to it's sticker with a dot matrix number "AA6". Will be able to take pictures when boyfriend gets back. It came in two pieces....a bronze compact with the powder in a ringed pan jiggling loose inside the compact. Said compact feels like plastic and seems very cheap in packaging quality....not knocking the product but stating how it is here. Compact is ringed as well as the powder tray....looks like glue gave away a long time ago and left a darkened residue. Has anyone seen the underside of one their blushes, powders or circular disc products to know what it looks like? Any help would be appreciated as this was bought for my 15 year old sister and I'm not giving her anything I don't know the safety of. It could be I'm used to MAC's flat pans but this seems cheaply packaged for a company I was going to splurge $150 into after the F&F sale.

panda0410

I dont know anything about Stila, I've never bought any of their products ever
shrugs.gif
I am sure we will have some ladies here though that do, hopefully they can help
smiles.gif

User27

Thank you Shimmer. I just received it on Friday and I'm sorry but I had to use a cell camera because my digital camera sucks much with quality. Like way worse than this cell phone. That's how you know you spend too much on cosmetics when you're willing to survive on disposable cameras for concerts and performances. ;-) I'm not stressed money wise about the transaction, just wanted to see if this was normal before I hit Indian Summer. My apologies if the post came out snobbish but I'm usually MAC only so it voids any knowledge I have of other products. Believe me when I ordered the NYX stuff, I was checking haul pics to match up to my products for verification it was real. Cosmetics = paranoia when shopping online.
smiles.gif
The pics aren't the best but if it's being faked, it serves as a heads up to the regulars who buy it.

06-12-09_0519.jpg

06-12-09_0521.jpg

06-12-09_0523.jpg

06-12-09_0525.jpg

Shimmer

yeah it's fine. The glue just lost adhesion to the case. Mine looks like that. I can take pics later if you want.

pink_lily82

I have the same compact and it looks exactly like your pictures. My pan was also loose too but I just superglued that sucker back on. Mine came as part of the Stila Gift of Glow kit that I had bought from beautycrunch.com. HTH!

User27

Thanks to all and I'm pretty sure you all know the packaging. I've been excited about testing the Indian Summer products since Shimmer's blog and thanks for the heads up. Glad to know it wasn't faked and I'm preparing for Stila after F & F.
thmbup.gif

Latest posts