I know this isn't

User34

Oprah's book club or anything but..
I recently moved to South Carolina ( YAAAAWWWWN!) and have already read a few books and I need some recs for more good ones.
Any suggestions anyone???
I like anything as long as it gets me and I can't put it down..
smiles.gif

Shimmer

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Tucker Max.

Don't read it if you're easily offended. However, if you're not easily offended grab it and be prepared to literally pull a gut muscle laughing so hard.
smiles.gif

eowyn797

i dunno if you're into dork computer things, but Snowcrash by Neal Stepenson is really good.

I also love anything by Neil Gaiman, "Neverwhere" especially. "Good Omens" by him and Terry Prachett is also excellent and very funny.

"The Nanny Diaries" i enjoyed quite a bit, altho it's a little bit depressing at parts. it's also really freaking funny at parts. i forget who it's by...Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus.

stellarx1587

I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is really good. It's a Thriller/Horror/Sci-Fi book. The author and the book was the inspiration for Stephen King to become a novelist. Its a fast paced read and will keep you wanting to read.

serendipityii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer

Don't read it if you're easily offended. However, if you're not easily offended grab it and be prepared to literally pull a gut muscle laughing so hard.
smiles.gif

I love this guy's website... he came to my city and I MISSED IT. -_-

curlyqmishee

"Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me" Every woman should own this book... She does a thorough review of all the beauty lines; both DS and high end...she tells it like it is no holes barred... and she does like MAC!

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer

smiles.gif

Oh.My.God. I'm at work, went to his site, and was laughing so hard tha tI was crying!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Katura

Thanks Shimmer for posting that thing about Tucker Max, I'm literally dying here at work,

I've never laughed harder in my life. Seriously I've got tears running down my face.

He's amazingly hilarious.