I loathe asking this, but...

Chikky

I love my Chanel makeup, but my finances have taken a huge nosedive and I really cannot buy anything. Including my foundation.

*sigh*

Any suggestions for a good dupe? I use the Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 Beige Rose, I believe. I would love suggestions as to something I can use that is less expensive, to get me through until I come into some more money.

Thanks, guys.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I love my Chanel makeup, but my finances have taken a huge nosedive and I really cannot buy anything. Including my foundation.

*sigh*

Any suggestions for a good dupe? I use the Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 Beige Rose, I believe. I would love suggestions as to something I can use that is less expensive, to get me through until I come into some more money.

Thanks, guys.
Sorry to hear that you're having some financial difficulties, Chikky and I hope it's not something that lasts long. I'm not sure where you're located, but I've had really good experiences with foundations from Marcelle in Canada.

Almus

I have read somewhere that some people claims that Bourjois Healthy mix foundation (the normal one and the serum one) resemble to Chanel's VA. I don't know if that's true or not, but I've also heard that Bourjois is Chanel's not-so-expensive sister, so if that's so, I wouldn't be surprised about the foundation.

DILLIGAF

The Bourjois Brand owns the Chanel one. So there may be some cross over in the product lines. Good Luck finding something you love works for you and your wallet.

MarieMary

DILLIGAF is right, Chanel and Bourjois are part of the same group. I also agree with Almus, and i've read the same things. You can find several reviews and comparative swatches on google. ;)
Bourjois does make some nice quality foundations: I know it has good reviews on french beauty communities. I think Lisa Eldridge has used it seevral times in her makeup tutorials. :)

I hope things turn out better for you very soon. :)

Winthrop44

I am sorry to hear that too Chikky. Hope things improve soon! I have heard raves & comparisons to VA for EL Invisible Fluid Makeup. It's still $35 (vs Chanel's $45) but maybe it's a larger amount? I'm not sure....

Miss QQ

I hope things will turn around for you. I suggest Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation too, but I think it has less colour range than VA. I have #52 and it smells wonderful.

Chikky

Sorry guys, I thought I replied to this a week ago, but I guess I forgot to press 'Send'. And truthfully, I haven't been here very often anymore. It sucks to look at all the things you want, and can afford none of them!

Thanks for all the ideas and the well wishes. They really helped. Now I am really in need of foundation, so off to find something I go! And, where can you find Bourjois products?

shellygrrl

Staff member
ASOS only if you're in the US, and they don't have regular Healthy Mix, just the Serum version. Maybe a Canadian or UK-based Specktraite can do a CP for you?

Latest posts