I"m Jealous of People with Eyelids...

xbeatofangelx

Double eyelids that is, =[

being asian, with single eyelids only, I find it difficult to replicate a lot of the tutorials slash fotds I see here since I pretty much lack a crease.

Does anyone feel my pain!? T____T

geeko

yeah! babe! I feel your pain too. I have bloody single (worse part is...one side of my eye has a bit of hidden lids...so that my eyes look my big one smaller. Argh!) eye lids

and i'm unable to replicate alot of the tutorials here...it's so frustrating!

but the MAC MA taught me to use lighter colors in the inner corner of my eyes and darker/more intense colors at the outer corner and it works pretty well for me.

I can't do the dark color on crease and light color all over lid thing because of the lack of crease..gah!!!

bOO TO MY EYES. I hate them.

MissMarley

grass is always greener- i have huge double eyelids, but they're also very deepset and make me look tired- it's also easy for even light makeup to look like TOO MUCH- like, trashy

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbeatofangelx
Double eyelids that is, =[

being asian, with single eyelids only, I find it difficult to replicate a lot of the tutorials slash fotds I see here since I pretty much lack a crease.

Does anyone feel my pain!? T____T

try to place the color above ur crease... thats what i do... it give you the illusion of having a lid

allan_willb

my mac girlfriend has the same issue as you and she'd do this eyeliner trick and make herself have eye lids!

Raerae

They have surgery for that if yah want!

Sides, I always thought asian eyes were so pretty...

I'm in Miss Marley's boat, i have deepset eyes. I would <3 to have no crease =p

macslut

No No No!!!! Don't do surgery. You are beautiful just the way you are!

Everyone has issues that they have to work with. Mine is that if I am a pound overweight, I get a double chin. It doesn't go anywhere else....straight to the chin. Not to mention how much facial hair I have to take off.
ssad.gif

But you work with what you are given. I play up my eyes and lips. Remember, there are no ugly women in this world...just careless women.

And we are all beautiful. Period.

Beauty Mark

If you do opt for surgery, please research it thoroughly. I've seen too many pics of botched surgery with the eyelids.

Also, I wouldn't use that tape stuff, because I've seen too many instances where it is very visible.

I have a slight crease from about the outer corner of my eye to the inner half. It's not that much better, but I'm sure you can look great without having any crease. I know I do
smiles.gif

Pei

Yep, be yourself, be beautiful.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way =)

xbeatofangelx

Ooh yeah, I did research eye surgery but it looks way too risky and unnatural. I thought about calf reduction surgery as well! (Don't ask).

Allan, did your friend just draw in eyelids lol?

and Hyperrealgurl, I have no creases to put eyeshadow over =[ hehe

But I'm glad that there are asian girls making tutorials for people like me, "eyelidless"! Kudos

Katja

I have almost no lid, but I have found a way to use what I have. Experiment more with your eye colors and application and see if something better works for you.
smiles.gif
And just toss out the general eye application rules... make your own rules.
greengrin.gif

Work it girl!

thestarsfall

I always loved Asian Eyes....

I hate how high my brows are from my creases (which are too deep IMO) and so whenever a makeup-look calls for some colour up to the brows I freak out cuz it would look like clownish on me...

asnbrb

I've got creaseless eyes. Take what makeupnewbie said and place the colors from lightest to darkest, from the inner to the outer corners. I used to wish that I had creases, but I realized that it's what makes me a little more "Asian" (not that I can't be "a little more Asian" since I'm 100%)

cyens

yeah, people with a crease hate its, people without one wants one...

I guess people only want what they dont have.

I have a big crease, trust me, I wish I had asian eyes, theyre sooo cute and sexy! Plus when you get old you get waaayyy lesss wrinkles!

ginger9

I hear ya! I have double eye lids but no crease if that makes any sense
tong.gif
Also the shape of my eye is long (as opposed to round) and there isn't as much space between lash line to lid so I cannot use a lot of the tutorials shown here :| . I used to be a bit bummed out because a lot of the looks don't quite work on me but I've come to embrace my eyes and regard them as "unique" and I try to work with the shape and properties of my eye to enhance it instead of trying to change it.

Btw from what I can see you have lovely eyes
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Awww, I have asian friends who have the same sentiment... she had pictures taken at a Chinese studio and they taped her lids to make her look "more beautiful" and it looks so unreal... she has beautiful asian eyes- you ladies have many assets like your gorgeous hair!

glamdoll

what? Im surprised! Im jealous of asian eyes in the way that they have a little crease! I dunno why but I think that is better for makeup aplication.. maybe its just me.. but I see alot of asian girls w super nice lookin makeup!

Artemis

I think asians have the most beauty perfect pouty lips ever. Maybe you should focus on another part of face in your eyes are frustating you.

PS..I think asians have beauty exotic eyes..don't get surgery to change them.

ShirleyK

I have no lids too, not even a hidden one ... and I hate to see myself on the mirror, sometimes... I can't replicate the tuts that some of the gals do here...

And the worst thing is I have a pretty low self-esteem... it makes the situation really really worst...