I made my own Palette. horray.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

so...It seems whenever I go to any Mac Pro store, they never have the Large Eyeshadow palette in stock.. And I have to travel about an hour to get to the nearest one, So I decided to make my own.. out of an old box that contained my clothing shears when I bought them. Its ok, I wish I could find a Material that didnt hold the powder , as it gets messy looking with the foam collecting all the loose dust.... but Hey its fun because I can make it any size I want to, for example I cut 3 holes in order to hold some of my NYX stuff! I'm not done filling it yet, but I thought Id show my handy work off..

Closed.
stuffgenny009.jpg

Almost open..I added this extra top layer of foam for "protection"
stuffgenny007.jpg

Open! and all messy! yessssss
stuffgenny008.jpg

knoxydoll

If you cover it in a plasticy (vinyl maybe) fabric, or give it a few coats of shellac the powder will still stick, but you'll be able to wipe it right off every few days with a dampened cloth.

Very cool idea though.

newagetomatoz

That is such an awesome idea! I have to find something like that to make a palette for my HIP duos!! Thanks for sharing!!
th_thstars.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
If you cover it in a plasticy (vinyl maybe) fabric, or give it a few coats of shellac the powder will still stick, but you'll be able to wipe it right off every few days with a dampened cloth.

Very cool idea though.

I dont know why I didnt think of this! I have some Glitter vinyl that would be perfect , a little Fabric glue, and more.. carefully cutting out circles..,. Ooooh.. I will do that soon.. great idea, thanks!

Dreamergirl3

I tried this exact thing a few years ago! Only my case was a plastic pencil case from michaels, but same thing with the foam and everything! I had the same issues with the powder getting on the foam too, now I wanna try my hand at it again!

Though this time, I think I'm going to add magnets to the bottoms. I remember some eyeshadows kept popping out and I'd have to put them back in again, have u experienced that too?

Also, I'm going to try a more shallow case/tray thinger. I had to have layers upon layers of foam and only the two top ones I cut holes in for the shadows. Good thing foam is cheap, haha!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

yeah, I think I may try the magnets also. I was going to have my b.f cut me a thing piece of sheet metal to stick under the layer of foam underneath the shadows and yes there is like 6 layers of foam. lol. one of my nyx shadows keeps falling out because i cut the hold a little to large.. and my Trucco Duos fall out too because I think they are slightly too large for the holes i cut..

xStefanie711

Great Idea! I might have to try something like that because the freestanding store was sold out last time I went to pick it up. Thanks for posting!