I met a nice guy online, but there's one problem...

tricky

I am not attracted to him.

We have been chatting online a lot this past week. We have quite a few similar interests and he is very nice, cool, fun, sweet, etc. He sent me a picture, and I thought he looked cute in the picture. We finally met up, and I realized that I wasn't physically attraced to him. This is such a huge let down for me since he seems like such a great guy. I can tell that he thinks I'm pretty and a nice girl and all that.

Should I go out with him again and hope that possibly he'll become attractive to me as I get to know him better? Would I be wasting his time and leading him on if I did that?

(I met this guy on craigslist, not that it particularly matters.)

stacylynne

I wouldn't force anything on yourself, If you are not attracted to him that's it.
If he asks you out again, go out with him as a friend. It seems you have a lot in common & he makes you laugh. But if he tries anything funny or tries to say anything in a flirtatious way. Sit him down & just tell him, you see him as a male friend.
This way you're not wasting your time or his.
I have many male friends that I just hang out with or go out with as friends.
Good luck

pumpkincat210

I would give it another chance, he may grow on you and at the least you have a new friend. Remember it was his personality you were attracted to.

ClareBear86

me 2, id say go out again... u never know what might happen
smiles.gif

User93

I remember your other post about having a difficult break up with your ex. So maybe these thoughts dont let you feel completely attracted to another guy yet. This goonna fade away in some time, and you gonna feel better. I think thats its very good to go out with him again, as long as he was nice, and treated you with respect on the 1st day, plus you like his personality. Some of us dont feel that "love at 1st sight" thing and need some time to feel comfort and setteled with a partner. Im voting for 2nd date!

Beauty Mark

I'd give it another chance. A lot of people I ended up dating weren't people I was instantly attracted to

SkylarV217

I'd say give it another shot as well ! If nothing else you'll have someone to hang out with. Just don't force anything =)

xtiffineyx

I would go on another date with him, as friends. Don't put any pressure on yourself to make it something more. Then maybe with time it'll turn into something more =)

TDoll

Yeah, I agree with what everyone else seems to be saying! You never know. Sometimes you aren't initially attracted to someone. It takes time in some situations.
But don't feel like you HAVE to force it until you feel attracted to him. The simple truth is that you may never be.
Just give it another shot and have an open mind.

M.A.C. head.

Give it some time. Like another lady said, you're still healing from that bad break up. You may just be hung up on that still, and that can cloud your vision at times. If you like his personality a lot and you find that you really "click" the physical attraction may just follow. I was that way with the man who is now my husband and the father of my child! I'm not saying that's where you'll go with the guy you've just met, but I thought my husband was funny looking at first, didn't know what to think of him, once I got to know him more, we fell in love, and I think he's the finest man I've ever seen
greengrin.gif

Just take your time.

tricky

Yeah, I did just get out of a relationship, but that isn't why I'm not physically attracted to him.

Right now I have a f**k buddy, so its not that I'm scared to get physically close to someone (not this guy, my f**k buddy is a different guy).

The thing is he is a bit overweight and I always am attracted to slender guys. He has a ok face, but when I look at him I don't feel the urge to kiss him or anything.

But, I'll go out with him again and see what happens.

*Stargazer*

I've become more attracted to people as I got to know them in the past. There's no reason you can still hang with him even if that doesn't happen.

CantAffordMAC

I say give it a shot. me and my "bf" met on myspace, I thought his pictures were cute (he loved mine too) and when we met in person I thought "ehhh" he just looked a bit different, and he was a little chubbier than i usually went for...

he grew on me. the little things that bothered me, went away quickly. And usually the little things bother me a lot, and it turns me waaaay off. but nope, they all disappeared, and we were together for 2 years. And now I loook at him and he is soooooooooooooooooo sexy.

Give it a shot. Looks matter, but personality matters more. And your chemistry with a person can overpower the physical...
winks.gif

Brittni

If anything, he could become a great friend. You'll never know unless you try. So, I don't see the harm in a second date. I do truly believe that personality shines through looks and makes people more attractive the more you know them; but that's totally something you're going to have to figure out on your own. Best of luck!

coachkitten

If you are not attracted to him now that you have seen him in person it most likely will never happen. I have tried to keep something going when I wasn't physically attracted to the person just because I loved their personality and needless to say it ended badly.

But I do agree with CantAffordMAC and Brittini sometimes their personality can shine through and make them very sexy and attractive. I say give it another shot. You never know what could happen!

Mizz.Yasmine

I believe if hes meant 4 u, he'd knock u off ur feet on the 1st date(as fas as looks go atleast haha). I know thats nuts lol but my man was that way 4 me and I think u should keep searching for that special feeling too.
smiles.gif

I know getting to know people makes u see them differently but I wouldnt force a feeling just becuz hes ''there''.

user79

I'd maybe give it one more chance, and if you still don't feel any chemistry, let him know how you feel, so he doesn't think you're just leading him on. Maybe you can salvage a friendship from it though!

tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Yasmine
I believe if hes meant 4 u, he'd knock u off ur feet on the 1st date(as fas as looks go atleast haha). I know thats nuts lol but my man was that way 4 me and I think u should keep searching for that special feeling too.
smiles.gif

I know getting to know people makes u see them differently but I wouldnt force a feeling just becuz hes ''there''.

I don't know, I once dated a guy who I thought was goofy looking initially but after I got to know him I thought he was hot. So, it can happen, sometimes. But I'm not going to force it either.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Yasmine
smiles.gif

But looks are only part of the package... Some people claim instant attraction, but other people- it takes a while.

I'm not suggesting that she forces herself into liking this guy, but I don't see the harm in giving him another chance. My boyfriend and I have both admitted to each other that we weren't attracted to each other when we first met.

Latest posts