I miss the old Blacktrack

aznsmurfy

I got Blacktrack (my first FL!) shortly after they came out and it is dense, creamy (not too much), semi-solid, and really opaque. The new blacktrack that I got is shiny, soft, and almost transparent! GRR! I have to go over the line several times before a semi-nice line is there. Is it just me?

I miss the old blacktrack, one swipe and it's there for the day. With the new one, I have to go over it several times so it tends to build up and kind of either flake off or just kinda disappear in tiny lines. :p

Bring back the old formula!

as_cute_as_pie

argh this better not be true for all of them
though i got my fluidline last xmas and its rock hard but recently got lithograph and thats super soft and transparent dunno if its just differnent 'formulas' though but i hope its a one off
smiles.gif
i love my hard blacktrack

mezzamy

i think it depends on how old the stock is. i think they start off fairly soft and more 'fluidy' but as they get older, the water tends to evaporate out making them harder and the colour payoff seems to get better

cinnamongurlee

i feel the same way! all of the new fluidliners are much more goopy than they used to be.

i prefer the old texture that was dense and opaque. they don't even work as well as an eyeshadow base. (i am pouting as i type!)...so i am trying to extend the life of the first generation of fluidliners in my stash. hopefully the new ones will get better with a bit of age after staying in the drawer for a while!

GODDESS

If this is true, that there is a new formulation for their FL, and it is a worse product, then i think we should start emailing MAC with out complaints!!! Or, start a petition for the old formula!! I prefer that latter, if it is true!

I love my blacktrack, i couldn't live without it!!! But if their products have changed, and the quality is less, and they charge the same price, then i think it is our right as consumers to tell MAC our complaints!!!

If we don't complain now, then maybe, slowly other MAC products might change! If the ingredients of the FL have really changed, the only reason would be to cut costs for the company, but if they don't show us the consumers the savings too, and we are the ones paying the price of quality, then that is not fare business at all!!

I do hope that this is not true, but i have a feeling it is! Companys always look for a way to cut costs!! In april this year i went to get a bottle of blacktrack but they were out, so i called everyday till they got some more in, and went to buy it that day! I got the dense, opaque blacktrack, so it was not old, but still good quality stuff. So, i do not think that it is water evaporation that makes the FL is great consistency! I think that they have changed their product!

Neways, if they have changed their product, i hope we as dedicated MAC buyers will be able to make a difference and keep the quality name of MAC products!

Liz

bellaetoile

anyone know if this is a widespread thing? like, was there actually a re-formulation, or is it just a fluke thing? i will CRY if my blacktrack is ever anything other than what my original one is now. it's perfect, and i'm almost out of it, and i'm scared to know whether or not they changed it.

Henna_Spirit

i need to get a new Blacktrack liner soon, so i'll test it out. but if its true and is more transparant then i'll go back to bobbi brown liners... but i dont want to
ssad.gif

m4dswine

Me and my best mate have differently textured fluidliners in our blacktracks... mine is much thinner than hers, we don't know if thats because my house is warmer, or what, but she reckoned mine was better when she borrowed it!

But my macroviolet texture is like the shade and wavelines I have.

I have also found that the brush makes a BIG difference.

Katura

I finished my first one months and months ago (I'm a black eyeliner feind...haha) The new(er) one I got seems to work just fine, maybe you just got a bad one??? That would suck, but I spose it could happen.

Colorqueen

The formulas do appear to have changed. I have all of the original jars of color from when they first came out- and some are thicker and others are quite thin even now.

The new ones all seem to be very liquidy.

ssad.gif

This changing of quality in pigments (some of the newer ones are horrid for staying power) and now FL, if this keeps up, I will probably not bother buying MAC anymore.

patentg33k

Blacktrack

Sweet Sage was watery when new--I couldn't get pigmentation out of it w/o using 2-3 layers. I'm sorry to hear that Blacktrack has changed, if it has. I realize this is a MAC site, but Bobbi Brown's Black Ink has that very dense, pigmented, creamy texture you describe. It's a few more dollars though. One dip of a brush into the BB, apply and you are done for the day. I hope this helps someone.

On re-viving dried out gel liners, I've had good luck by either putting some contact lens saline into a jar for 48-hours (moistens the formula back up). I've also scraped off the top layer or so to get to the creamy, moister product underneath.

as_cute_as_pie

i emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking about this and got a reply that said she would be sure to look into it
and response got this

Dear Ms. Wilkinson

I refer to my earlier email.

I can now confirm that there has been NO formula change with Fluidline in
shade Blacktrack
and are puzzled by your comments. In view of this, and as a gesture of our
goodwill, I have
ordered on your behalf a replacement which we are confident that you will
find to be entirely
satisfactory. This will be despatched to you by Recorded Delivery as soon
as we are in receipt
of it from our warehouse.

Please be assured of our best attention.

Sincerely

Louise Steel
Consumer Communications

how sweet
greengrin.gif
i wasnt even complaining :S lol

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
i emailed them a couple of weeks ago asking about this and got a reply that said she would be sure to look into it
and response got this

Dear Ms. Wilkinson

I refer to my earlier email.

I can now confirm that there has been NO formula change with Fluidline in
shade Blacktrack
and are puzzled by your comments. In view of this, and as a gesture of our
goodwill, I have
ordered on your behalf a replacement which we are confident that you will
find to be entirely
satisfactory. This will be despatched to you by Recorded Delivery as soon
as we are in receipt
of it from our warehouse.

Please be assured of our best attention.

Sincerely

Louise Steel
Consumer Communications

how sweet
greengrin.gif
i wasnt even complaining :S lol

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Well, hooray for MAC- I must say that they seem to pay attention to customer concerns!

Perhaps there is not a formula change, but consistency changes from batch to batch. I have used Blitz & Glitz that has almost no gold in it, and then currently own one that is loaded.

It is part of the nature of mixing things. Each batch is bound to vary from time to time.

At least they are sending you another!

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Well, hooray for MAC- I must say that they seem to pay attention to customer concerns!

Perhaps there is not a formula change, but consistency changes from batch to batch. I have used Blitz & Glitz that has almost no gold in it, and then currently own one that is loaded.

It is part of the nature of mixing things. Each batch is bound to vary from time to time.

At least they are sending you another!

i know aww i love them
smiles.gif
heh
in my email i just simply wrote that i noticed a slight difference when i bought a new one and had the formula changed at all?
that was IT lol
she sent me the 1st one weeks ago kinda suprised me they emailed me again at all (as most companies wouldnt) never mind send me a new one
smiles.gif

HotLady1970

I noticed that about Blacktrack as well! That's one of the main reasons I switched to the Liquidlast Liners!

Latest posts