I need a blue base please...

LatinaRose

I use Blueboy paint (my first one, long discontinued) and absolutely love it, but I want to do a tutorial and would like something people can go out and buy today. Any suggestions?

I was thinking maybe the UD cream shadow in Radium (I think?), but maybe you guys will have more suggestions.

Thanks!

reesesilverstar

I like the HiP crayons and gel liners as bases, but they set REEEAAALLLY quickly... Besides that, I'm not sure what blue bases there are today...

Skin*Deep

right now my love is delft paint pot.....Estee Lauder just launched (like yesterday) double wear shadowcreme, and there is a really dark navy blue in the line. I like them so far, have just played with them at work, but I can tell you I had to bust out the makeup remover when I got home to get it off my hand, it didn't rub off all day! so that makes me happy! I bought the purple and silver so we will see how it goes, this is the first estee item I've bought in a while.....

leenybeeny

I am not sure what Blueboy looks like (how dark it is), but the Blue Chromaline is gorgeous! Or you could use one of the blue Fluidlines like Royal Wink?

jdechant

Yes I would second the blue chromaline!! Its a bright vivid blue that would look AMAZING under any blue shadow

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
Yes I would second the blue chromaline!! Its a bright vivid blue that would look AMAZING under any blue shadow

And you've been ....WHERE?????

mdjmsj

I also love NYX Jumbo Shadow Pencils as bases-they are so creamy and blendable! They have a few shades of blue, too.

blazeno.8

I like the UD Cream shadows, but you need to use them over a base. After that though... they stay put.

LatinaRose

I put UDPP under everything, even paint pots, so no problem there. Blueboy was metallic royal blue.

I've heard the NYX Jumbo Stick in Blue creases like mad so I don't really wanna use that.

Vixxan

I'm always searching for the perfect blue base, so far these have worked wekk. The Mary Kate & Ashley shimmer plus eye pencils work really well.

1. Illuminance Crème Shadow Revlon - Illuminance Crème Shadow
2. Loreal Hip high intensity pigments Color Rich Cream crayon Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
3. Mary Kate & Ashley Walmart.com: Mary Kate & Ashley: All Over Color Cosmetics: Beauty, Cosmetics & Skin Care
4. Sephora Jumbo Eye crayon Sephora: Sephora Brand Jumbo Pencil - Eye: Eyeliner
5. Nyx jumbo eyeshadow pencil.

Mizz.Coppertone

blue chromaline 4 sure
smiles.gif

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant

I thought chromaline was not safe for the eye area?

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ductapemyheartt
I thought chromaline was not safe for the eye area?

Some are and some aren't.. I can't remember with the blue offhand. But I use them so rarely and have never had a reaction. It's all at your own discretion.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaRose
I put UDPP under everything, even paint pots, so no problem there. Blueboy was metallic royal blue.

I've heard the NYX Jumbo Stick in Blue creases like mad so I don't really wanna use that.

I also recommend NYX jumbo pencil. If you put it over UDPP, it will not crease. Actually they don't crease on me even w/o the UDPP. One thing you can do is to blend the jumbo pencil with the 217 when you put it on to make sure the layer is thin enough. HTH

ductapemyheartt

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Some are and some aren't.. I can't remember with the blue offhand. But I use them so rarely and have never had a reaction. It's all at your own discretion.
smiles.gif

Yeah, I would probably still use it :]
When I went to the Pro Store and asked about certain pencils, chromaline, body paint, etc, hardly anything was eye area safe...I was so disappointed.

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I'm always searching for the perfect blue base, so far these have worked wekk. The Mary Kate & Ashley shimmer plus eye pencils work really well.

1. Illuminance Crème Shadow Revlon - Illuminance Crème Shadow
2. Loreal Hip high intensity pigments Color Rich Cream crayon Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
3. Mary Kate & Ashley Walmart.com: Mary Kate & Ashley: All Over Color Cosmetics: Beauty, Cosmetics & Skin Care
4. Sephora Jumbo Eye crayon Sephora: Sephora Brand Jumbo Pencil - Eye: Eyeliner
5. Nyx jumbo eyeshadow pencil.

Thank you, I will look into these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I also recommend NYX jumbo pencil. If you put it over UDPP, it will not crease. Actually they don't crease on me even w/o the UDPP. One thing you can do is to blend the jumbo pencil with the 217 when you put it on to make sure the layer is thin enough. HTH

I always do this! A thick creamy base is a disaster waiting to happen for me, I must have a thin layer.

The blue chromaline isn't metallic is it? I wish Blueboy was still available!! I'll probably end up going with that one or UD.

Stay away from the UD cream shadow- Radium is a great blue, but the UD creams go on veeerrry sheer and are more like a wash of shimmer than the color you can get from a paint/paint pot.

Maybe a dark blue cream or gel liner would work (even a drugstore)? HiP, Coastal Scents, etc.

Latest posts