I NEED a new foundation!! help a girl out <3

dolcedaniela

I really need advice on a good foundation and powder duo!!! The two teamed up should give my uneven face a flawless complexion till the end of the day, maybe I'll even glow a little! I usually need medium to heavy coverage to achieve that flawless look a Meticulous Make up artist needs

My Story:

I have used MAC for years now, I live it, I love it but now I just find the foundation isn't having the best effects on my skin and I break out on occasion! I have used Studio fix fluid and powder foundation (separately) because I like the coverage and long lasting effects.

When I tried using Dior Forever foundation, I realized how silky and soft and unnoticeable a foundation could be! My skin would look and feel great, it had the all the coverage my uneven face needed and was light weight.

The problem then was it totally wasn't long lasting. Powdered and all I would find myself barely halfway through the day and my face no longer flawless (you could say I'm a perfectionist and my dark circles don't help the situation!)

(PS Sorry for the long history!!! I really appreciate any feedback)

JessieLovesMac

From looking at your picture in your profile I think China doll from napoleon perdis would look perfect on you, hopefully this link will take you straight to the product.

Napoleon Perdis

They also have some awesome primers that will make your fiundation stay on longer and go on smoother, I recommend there dream cream and Pre foundation primer.

Hope this helps!

juicygirl

i am obsessed with makeup forever's face and body foundation and then the super matte powder to finish it off. great coverage and lasts all day! with mac, i always felt as if my makeup was like melting off and would be constantly touching up shiny spots but seriously with MUFE i have beautiful, flawless skin.

natneagle

I have recently switched from Clinique to MAC because I like the long lasting coverage. I use the MAC Select Tint and I used to cover with the Clinique Almost Powder foundation powder but recently switched to Studio Fix. I have heard nothing but good things about Napoleon Perdis foundation and will try that out soon. The coverage is supposed to be amazing and long lasting.

panda0410

Try Shiseido - their dual balancing foundation is VERY nice, good coverage, but the better result is that is lasts all day if you set it with a nice powder. There are much better products that NP IMHO, the EL foundations and Chanel foundations which are targted for a more matte and longer lasting coverage would be better than NP.

Kiseki

I also second MUFE's Foundation, but if you want to look flawless, try MUFE's Mat Velvet + and finish with Super Mat Loose Powder.

You can also try Estée Lauder's Doubler Wear or Double Wear Light, both don't budge all day (tried and true).

Another option is Giorgio Armani's Matte Silk (if you have a shade that matches you, there is little selection) or their Luminous Silk Foundation.

Simply Elegant

I'd also suggest MUFE. Their foundations last all day on me and my favourite is the mat velvet+. If you want a powder foundation over top, I like CoverFX's powder fx. The line was designed for acne prone skin and has tons of shades.

stacylynne

I love MUFE & Laura Mercier oil free foundation. It's all trial & error. Everyone is different. It's about what works for your skin.
Good luck

Sanayhs

I'm another MUFE lover. I never met a foundation I really liked until I tried mat velvet +.

AlysonWithaY

Another vote for Estee Lauder Doublewear. The "light" is nice but I could not find a match because it's much more limited, shade-wise.

rachybloom

I agree with people who've said it's trial and error. What works on one person could be a disaster on another! It kind of sucks, having to buy things to figure it out, but that's what samples are for! I'm a Laura Mercier foundation girl, mainly because she has the "Flawless Face" has her main selling point. I like her Mineral Powder foundation, her SPF 15 Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, and her Stick SPF 15 Foundation. The tinted moisturizer doesn't have amazing staying power, but primer helps. It's very light but offers good coverage with a dewy semi-matte finish. The Mineral Powder foundation is my new obsession. I hated Bare Minerals and love this because it lasts pretty long. The Stick can be cakey in hot weather but otherwise is wonderful.

And till I die I'll recommend Laura Mercier Sheer Loose Powder. I'm out of mine and since it's expensive, I have to use BE Mineral Veil and definitely notice the difference. As soon as I run out of BE I'm going to buy Laura Mercier again! As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of her face products :p Try just going to MakeupAlley.com and reading the reviews on the top-rated foundation products