I need advice about where to buy my Birth Control

Cyn

I am a student, no insurance of course, and I got my prescription at Planned Parenthood. Since I asked for Yasmin, they told me I had to get it at a regular pharmacy, but I could get a coupon in a month or so.

The dilemma:

I'm thinking of starting right away because I know I'll feel better and not have such heavy periods and cramping when my next period starts. But I've never bought birth control at a regular pharmacy, without any special pricing.

Is Yasmin really expensive and does it matter where I buy it? Or should I just be patient and wait for the coupon?

Jaim

I think that it can cost you a few bucks more if you get your birth control at the pharmacy. A friend of mine who is on the pill gets hers for $7 at the clinic and was told that it would be $10 at the pharmacy.

Cyn

I don't have a doctor, I'm on my own.
smiles.gif
My job doesn't have insurance or anything, that's why I went to Planned Parenthood. Anyway, I went to Rite-Aid and they charged me $50.
ssad.gif
That sucked.

as_cute_as_pie

that sucks
ssad.gif
well i spose its kinda worth it to get rid of the pain i used to be in agony and cry my eyes out as it made me sick too for some reason and this is like sick 4 times until theres nothing left and im still trying lol i know i would of done anything to get rid of it
smiles.gif

now i dont feel anything
greengrin.gif

unfortunatley i know NOTHING about insurance and doctors i just kinda go lol

Cyn

Yeah I'm super-heavy, almost to the point where I won't go anywhere if I don't have to. My guy always tells me that I'm sensitive and emotional before that time so I decided to put everyone out of their misery.

I asked and they said that PP will give me a coupon for the b.c. but it will take a while before they show up. I hope it will be a good discount.

souraznhunnie

If you are going to Planned Parenthood, you should sign up for the Take Charge program. You will get almost everything for free, including BC Pills!

Here's a website where you can learn about it...
http://www.ppinw.org/pages.php?p=mse...familyplanning

I am part of the Take Charge program and let me tell you it's a BIG help especially since you don't have any insurance at all. Just go to planned parenthood and tell them that you want to sign up for it. The will have you fill out a few forms and you'll be able to get annual exams, BC pills and more! Hope this helps you out!

Latest posts