I need help :( blush woes

bluelagoon

Why oh why do all blushes look warm on my skin? I just can never get a blush to look the way it does in the pan on my cheeks! Everything turns into a warm pink color think NARS orgasm kind of color. I am NC 20-25 and have very very yellow skin I know this may be the reason behind blushes turning warm... how do I counteract that? I really REALLY want to have a soft pale baby pink or mauve -ish kinda flush but its never possible it gets very frustrating when I have purple or navy eyeshadow look and I need a cool pink blush. What should I do?

dominichulinda

I have the same problem!!! and we're in a total different color range. Maybe it's because of our undertone. ALL THE NARS CREAM BLUSHES!!! besides the the gold one..turn RED ON ME!! like I was having hot flashes or something.

umm you know coygirl works for me ..looks like a cool light purple color in the pan, but becomes soft mav-ish color on me. Angel blush .LE is great as well. which is a dupe for benefit dandelion try that ...if you can try the ungaro beautypowder in flower mist dew. that can work. so next time your looking for a blush. go for very soft light pink matte blush. May swatch on your hand like chalky, but on your cheeks a different story.

http://www.imroanne.com/images/mac-b...-pearl-blo.jpg

panda0410

I have the same problem with a lot of lipsticks.... they turn an orange/coral-ish colour on me unless I use a really good primer AND a concealer on my lips if I want to keep the colour true. Might be worth a try for cheeks as well
smiles.gif

caramel_geek

Have you tried Stark Naked BPB from the Red She Said collection?

I know I'm not much of a help here...but really hope I could do more.
smiles.gif

glamqueen1

I think you wil have to think in terms of colour circle. Every blush colour will mix with your yellow skintone and turn warm, so you need to take a blush that is the opposite of yellow- such as lilac or purple! I don't know any specific names, but try blushes on that look far too purple in the pan, and see what they turn out like when the go over your skin.
Funny, as dominichulinda wrote, that some nars blushes turn red on her. If you mix magenta with yellow (according to YMC system), it turns red. so magenta won't do. Good Luck!
cutey.gif

bluelagoon

caramel-geek

No I havent tried it. I tend to buy blushes that look the color I want on my cheeks but then they change. Im gonna go check to see if I can find some swatches of stark naked.

glam queen1

Thanks your post was very helpful.I will give a purpilish blush a try.

dominichulinda

^^ true

thats why I'm vouching for coygirl
winks.gif
it's a light purple that would turn baby doll
smiles.gif

coygirl:
IMG_3465.JPG

at the bottom coygirl next to a darker purple:
BL.jpg

dreamer246

Yeah I agree with the others. Do check out Coygirl and Stark Naked BPB. They're both cool-toned mauve blushes that should work. Gentle mineralize blush is another mauve blush that comes to mind. If you want a cool pink blush, maybe you can check out Dame and Pink Swoon. Perhaps you can request to try them on at the counter before actually purchasing it?
smiles.gif

bluelagoon

OK you guys have won me over, my next MAC purchase will be Coygirl
smiles.gif
I don't have any purpilish blushes at all and I have more than 15 diffrent blushes ....so I'm thinking you guys may be right and this is why none of my blushes look the way I want them too.

"Thanks" to everyone that responded.

dreamer246

Yup I assure you that you won't regret Coygirl. I swiped it on tissue paper once at the counter, and it is 100% purple against the white tissue. So yeah, it should work for you, to counteract the "yellow-ness" of your skin.
smiles.gif