I need help with a look for a formal event!!

KristyVictoria

Hey guys,

I'm attending a very nice christmas party and I could really use some help coming up with my makeup look.

Here's a picture of my outfit!! I have dark auburn hair and pale cool toned skin w/pink in it, and gray eyes. What do you suggest? Alot of people are saying red lipstick but I have a very hard time with red, so I was thinking pink instead.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmhyNWsyN0RhM2hHbURpOUh5dkZHalEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

MaskedBeauty

Since your dress is black and grey I would just suggest a nice smokey eye.
smiles.gif
you can find various tutorials for some on the site. One of my favorites is one by Olivebuttercup (smokey eye with silver inner corners).

Kragey

I would definitely go with a dark-eyes-light-mouth face; that tends to balance out a darker dress rather well...by the looks of your dress, this isn't QUITE the occasion for a full-out red mouth.
winks.gif

I like the suggestion of a smokey eye. Also, a simple neutral eye with some well-done black eyeliner and a nude or pinky mouth would probably be very flattering.

joneskat84

Yes I agree a smokey eye with a nude lip. A red lip is pretty, but it has to be touched up often. Btw I love that dress where are you purchasing it from?