I need help with Club e/s

minni4bebe

I just bought Club and I tried it out today. Well, honestly, it seems to suck. I can't get it to really stick to my lid and just seems boring. Can anyone out there help me make this work? I'm NC40.....

euphrosyne_rose

I think you should try a few different bases underneath and see what you like best. I've worn it with either Electro Sky or Otherworldly p/p underneath and it was really pretty. I think even Greenstroke would be pretty to help bring out the green in it. I think if you do a search on here for Club e/s you'll probably find hundreds of ideas on what to use it with! HTH!!
greengrin.gif

aziajs

euphrosyne_rose is right! It's all about the base you use underneath. Play around with it. A MA recommended using the new Verdigris Metal Urge shadow as a base. Make sure to apply the metal shadow with a fluffy brush. Then you can pack on Club. It looks awesome.

mtrimier

I like the combo Bevsthename has in her youtube video. She uses Club with Electric Eel and other colors, and a paint pot as a base. If you are interested here is the link:
YouTube - Makeup: Drama in the Club

I usually use UDPP, but might try it out with some paints as an experiment.

stacylynne

Steamy on your lid, club on your crease, you can put carbon on your outer V.
black eyeliner on top & your lower lid, go over the lower lid w/ club.
highlight w/ some van. on your brow bone & on your tear duct area.
line your inner rims w/ a black kohl liner as well.

curl your lashes apply mascara. I did this look on my friend & it looked hot.

Good luck

sharkbytes

Club is one of those colors that really relies (as has been mentioned) on the base. The darker base you use, the more green/blue Club will look. One of my fave tricks is to put it over Artifact paintpot, to bring out the reddish tones.

Club looks incredible with Shroom as a highlight. I don't know why, but they work perfectly together. If you have Showstopper e/s (it was LE) that's also amazing in the crease with Club. If not, a very dark brown will work also. There was a holiday palette that featured Club (maybe a year or two ago?) that also contained Retrospeck, which looks pretty with it too.

ssudiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbytes
One of my fave tricks is to put it over Artifact paintpot, to bring out the reddish tones.

i hadn't thought about using club with artifact. thanks!
specktra_rocks.gif

couturesista

I love club e/s and I have never had an issue with it. I wear it alone with just UDPP underneath. A little goes a long way. Its a perfect in a pinch look!

minni4bebe

Hmm I am trying it out again tonight with some of these tips. If it doesn't work, well I'LL KEEP TRYING! Everyone seems to love it so off I go to make it work! Thanks ladies!!!

Heiaken

For me if I really want to get that blue duochrome out of club I use blackground p/p as a base but that takes allmost all of the brown out of it.

gigiopolis

If you want the blue duochrome to really show, use a dark base...the blue will instantly POP! Try it out on top of some black eyeliner and you'll see what I mean.

If not then it might show up a bit dull, like a normal dark reddish brown colour with very subtle blue duochrome.

ohnna-lee

With a silver base it is a pinky green, pretty but a little odd. I am not used to my Club looking that way. I am NC15