I Need Help!!

Liyah

Hey! Ok, so i own lots of Mac e/s but i suck at putting them on! i was trying to do a purple/blueish eye, but its so messy!

ill attachd some photos, any advice is welcome! good or bad!
smiles.gif

ps. i have a scar, any ideas on how to work with that will also be helpful!! thanks so much!

jdepp_84

Did you use a primer? It helps the color pop more. I think it looks good, just need a tiny bit of work on the crease and blending it outward. Thats my problem area!

Liyah

no i didnt use a primer, i couldnt find it (my daughter has a habit of playing with it!) ill use it next time, but doesnt it look messy?

MAC is love

how many colors did you use? sometimes when i start to use too many, i find myself messing up & having everything look messy. if i were you, i would start with 3 colors. one to highlight the browbone area (right underneath your brows) a neutral color will work for this. next, apply your first color of choice all over your lids. let's say you do purple for this, next...take the blue, & place it on the creases of your lids, carefully blend back & forth a couple of times until there is no harsh line left. don't blend TOO much though. HTH
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Looking at your pix, I would say you def need a primer. UD Potion Primer is awesome as well as MAC's numerous primers. Paints, Shadesticks and even Fluidliners are awesome. But I'd agree with the other post that you should work with 3 e/s colors. A highlight, allover color for the lid (a lighter color than your crease), and a darker color for the crease. Good luck!

Taj

I see over-blending. did you wipe clean your brush before application of a different colous?

courters

Also, you can either put some loose face powder under your eyes (and then wipe it off after you are done - it catches the little bits that fall) or dip a Q-tip in makeup remover to clean up the little bits that fall.

Be careful you don't blend the darker colors too far into the inner corners of your eyes, you don't want to create extra shadows there. So basically, just make sure you don't get any eyeshadow on anything that could be considered the sides of your nose. Keep to the eye area only.