I need looks for Gorgeous Gold

readyformycloseup

My sweet husband bought me this shade and Velvet Moss and I don't know what to do with either one lol. I loveeee that he buys from Mac for me though so I'm not complaining!!!

Kat

I love gorgeous gold and shimmermoss together
smiles.gif

Kat

Shimmermoss is love. Don't be distracted by Steamy which is similar - IMHO Shimmermoss is the best
winks.gif
I am on a personal Shimmermoss crusade hehe

Katja

Thank you for posting this. I just bought Gorgeous Gold about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't used it but once. I don't know what to do with it either.

Is Shimmermoss similar to Aquadisiac? Because I have the latter, and if it's is similar, I don't want to invest in it.

Kat

I'm not too sure what Aquadisiac looks like unfortunately - i think that Shimmermoss might have some more depth to it and be a bit more greeny....and it's a veluxe pearl so it's shimmery and gorgeous. And I love it. With all my heart.

What texture is aquadisiac?

Katja

It's a Lustre; however, this one is easy to work with for it being a lustre. I guess I could try it out with GG and see how it looks.
smiles.gif
TY.

bottleblack

I *just* bought Gorgeous Gold so I haven't had the opportunity to play around with it much, but I bought it for use with Springtime Skipper.

ebonyannette

Shimmermoss and Aquadisiac are different to me, shimmermoss is more blue-green and aquadisiac is more turqouise.

I dont really use gorgeous gold a whole lot cause it looks really green to me so maybe just as a highlighter shade when you wear your green shadows to warm it up or in the inner corners.

It also looks pretty good on top of Corn s/s.

I love Velvet Moss! Its a really pretty crease color with Bitter or Juxt on the lid.

foxyqt

i agree it looks so pretty with greens and blues too =) i saw a look once with gorgeous gold in the inner lid, steamy on the lid and plumage in outer v.. looked amazing!

saj20052006

Gorgeous Gold on the inner half and Velvet Moss on the outer half and along the crease.

Gorgeous Gold is one of my favorite colors.

YvetteJeannine

I bought Coppering today at the MAC store, and the M/A suggested Gorgeous Gold with it...(I didn't buy it at this time, 'cause I'd already spent about $400 on myself, but I'll get it next time
winks.gif
)...She said that's what she always pairs together...I thought about it, and I think it would look really hot!

iamlelilien

Someone on this board paired it with Electric Eel and it looked really good. They had Electric Eel on the outer halves of their lids and Gorgeous Gold on the inner halves.

Personally I like the way gold looks with medium to light purples.

Glitziegal

I use Gorgeous Gold on the inner lid, Golders green piggie in the centre and Emerald on the outer. Looks good, even though I do say it myself

d_flawless

i love gorgeous gold with other goldeny shades...amber lights and juiced for example...
i've worn it with those shades and rule plus a little bit of carbon and i loved it!

neverfadetogray

i love gorgeous gold...i wear it on the inner lid with just about anything. a couple suggestions for what to wear it with:
gorgeous gold > expensive pink > cranberry
gorgeous gold > paradisco > fuchsia
gorgeous gold > golder's green > humid
something more neutral: gorgeous gold all over lid with woodwinked in the inner to middle crease and satin taupe in the outer crease, blended up into vanilla pigment.
a more sheer application of it can also make a really pretty highlight...and i'm sure you could do a smoky eye with it, maybe something like beauty marked all over the lid blended up into gorgeous gold, applied more heavily in the crease and getting sheerer as it goes up into the browbone area. tons of possibilities. :] i love it, probably one of my favorite eyeshadows because it's so versatile.

readyformycloseup

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
i agree it looks so pretty with greens and blues too =) i saw a look once with gorgeous gold in the inner lid, steamy on the lid and plumage in outer v.. looked amazing!

I have all these shades, I'll try that!!

readyformycloseup

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverfadetogray
i love gorgeous gold...i wear it on the inner lid with just about anything. a couple suggestions for what to wear it with:
gorgeous gold > expensive pink > cranberry
gorgeous gold > paradisco > fuchsia
gorgeous gold > golder's green > humid
something more neutral: gorgeous gold all over lid with woodwinked in the inner to middle crease and satin taupe in the outer crease, blended up into vanilla pigment.
a more sheer application of it can also make a really pretty highlight...and i'm sure you could do a smoky eye with it, maybe something like beauty marked all over the lid blended up into gorgeous gold, applied more heavily in the crease and getting sheerer as it goes up into the browbone area. tons of possibilities. :] i love it, probably one of my favorite eyeshadows because it's so versatile.

You are a doll ~ thanks babe

readyformycloseup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I love gorgeous gold and shimmermoss together
smiles.gif

Kat I bought Shimmermoss yesterday and it's beautiful! I'm comparing it to Steamy and I don't think they look too much alike at all. The Shimmermoss is more blue-greenish. I love it for sure. thanks again!!