I need moisture!!!

princess lissa

My hair is beginning to look really dry and frizzy. I am trying to grow it long for my best friends wedding and I want it to look healthy. I get blonde highlights every 6 weeks, along with a trim and I wash my hair every 3 days. I do blow-dry my hair straight when I was it and sometimes use a hair straightener in between blow-dries.
Please recommend something to make my hair look less dry, frizzy, and shiny. I'm pretty high maintenance about my hair, so I will do pretty much anything.
Thanks for your input.

MACATTAK

Here are a few suggestions:

Try to use the least amount of heat products you can. If you can put your hair up for a few days out of the week, without using any heat products, this will help your hair become stronger. I do this all the time & it really helps my hair.

Use a deep conditioner/hair mask once a week. You can even go into the salon & just get a deep conditioning treatment done.

You can get something like Frizz Ease, or another type of serum, which will help fight the frizz & add shine. Hope that helps
smiles.gif

flowerhead

Hi, I used to dye my hair black regularly which made it kind of stiff...I used Brilliant brunette conditioners and shampoos, I've tried lots of hair products but these really made me hair feel amazing silky, and so shiny. They do Blonde & Redhead ones too. That's my rec..

komischkatze

I have super dry ,fine, frizzy curly hair and live in a really humid area so I feel your frustration! When use tar shampoo for my scalp at about the same frequency as you. Sometimes I follow up with a conditioner in the shower, but the big help for me is the leave-in conditioner Garnier makes. Mine is Curl & Shine I believe but I've found their whole Sleek & Shine line fairly beneficial (more so than most other common drugstore type brands). I also do a hot oil treatment or something similar twice a month.

I have plans to try out Lush's Retread conditioner (triple strength? sounds good to me!) but haven't gotten it in yet, so for now it's just the Garnier leave-in stuff. Frizzease never did much good for me at all.

Beauty Mark

I would cut down on all the stuff you do to your hair. Heat really will damage your hair and even though some salons claim the highlights/coloring shouldn't dry out your hair, it does with mine if I get things too regularly. IMO, you can let the highlights go a little longer than 6 weeks. Natural highlights don't start at the root.

Hot oil works wonders on my hair. Take warm olive oil, get your hair all slathered up in it, and then tie a plastic bag around the back of your head, so your hair can really absorb it. I leave it on for an hour or two and am always amazed at how much better my hair looks

kimmy

heat protecting serum.
a couple hot oil treatments.
leave-in conditioner nightly.
smiles.gif

yur_babeydoll

I bleach the hell out of my hair and heat style it like crazy and I can suggest a few amazing product. Not guaranteeing they'll work for you since not everyone reacts to products the same way, but definitely worth a try!

• Joico K-PAK RECONSTRUCT deep-penetrating reconstructor
  • Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave-in treatment
  • Pantene Pro-v Restoratives Breakage defense strenthening spray
  • Aussie original 3-minute miracle - LOVE IT!
  • Paul Mitchell super skinny serum - great for smoothing your hair and making it look real healthy after styling it
  • Bead Head Tigi after-party smoothing cream - same as the skinny serum
  • Abba Creme-Moist Shampoo

Also, look at getting a good heat protecting spray. I need a new one so I can't think of any good ones of the top of my head, but check out http://www.makeupalley.com they have millions of reviews on any beauty product imaginable. I don't buy any product without looking on this site first.

But like mentioned above deep condition at least once a week. I personally do it maybe 2 or 3 times a week and leave the deep conditioner in for a minimum of 20 minutes. Lol just wrap it up in plastic wrap heat it up with a blow dryer wrap a towel around my head and go about whatever I'm doing in my house lol.

Oil olive is also an amazing deep conditioner for your hair but make sure you have a good clarifying shampoo to wash it out or you could be left with really greasy hair. You may even have to shampoo it with a clarifying shampoo twice, but it really is worth it.

Another thing is if my hair is tangled I don't even attempt to brush it and break off pieces of my hair I just hop in the shower use a conditioner first to untangle it then use shampoo and then conditioner again.

And, obvious one try to avoid heat styling...hard one though I know lol.