I need so much help. Foundation/Blush/Lip Plumper/Fix+ ?

SweetSweetIrony

Alright, hopefully I'll be updating my collection soon. And I have so many questions. Seriously someone help me make sense of this, lol.

For quick references. I have acne prone combination skin/leaning more towards oily. I'm a 110 in MUFE's HD foundation, but it's a bit dark. I'd probably be something like a NW0 in MAC. Pink undertones and ridiculously rosy cheeks that refuse to be covered up by anything.

Okay it's getting warmer and I'm in search of a summer foundation. I currently own MUFE HD foundation and Revlon Colorstay. But I want something that's easier to blend than CS, and more appropriate for warm humid things. I'm looking at MUFE Mat+. It looks nice. However, I am terribly pale and foundation shopping is tricky because of this.

Lip plumpers. Are there any that actually work?

What are Fix+ uses, aside from toning down powdery looks.

Strobe cream, how worth it is it? Do you moisturize before using it, or is it technically a moisturizer. I really want nice glowy (fake or real) skin this summer. Are there other products that are good for this?

Primers. I have Urban Decay's pore perfecting primer and MUFE's green corrective one. Only problem is that I notice afterwards, I tend to break out a tiny bit on my forehead. Just small little bumps. Are there any primers that are known for NOT breaking people out?

Blush/Contouring, it seems impossible to me. I have these horrifically rosy cheeks. That even with primer, green corrective measures, foundation and loose powder...I still have these bright pink dots on my cheeks. Just the placement of my natural colour, makes me feel like blush will never happen, because it would clash, or colour placement would be off and I'd look crazy. And again, because of my paleness, I don't know where to look for a contour colour.

Pics. Was not wearing blush, had foundation over my cheeks.
Again.

LC

hey
smiles.gif

I'm a mac girl so I can't tell you jack about MUFE...

I *had* the same type of combo/oily skin as you for the past few years when i was living in the east coast and my favorite summer time foundation was MAC's face and body foundation. It's pretty sheer, but it's enough coverage to even you out and it doesn't look cakey. It also holds up really well in the water if you happen to go to the beach or the pool
If your main concern is finding a foundation that really controls your oil, check out Clarins Truly Matte foundation. It's the only one that actually kept me completely matte..but i still love the look of the MAC face and body better

fix + is meant to kind of freshen your makeup after a few hours and revive it. I also spray it on before my foundation to help the foundation stick better to my face.

lip plumpers...the best one i found was from victoria's secret, the silver one. it's the most intense one that i've found, but just like any other lip plumper, after like 30 minutes the effects go away.

strobe cream is awesome if you want that glowy look. Since you already have somewhat oily skin, i wouldn't use an additional moisturizer with it, unless it's an oil control lotion (btw mac's oil control lotion works very well)

primers - you can skip them. I've tried so many and frankly don't see any difference with or without them.

for contouring, choose any powder that's about 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone. It doesnt have to be a blush or designated "contour" product. any darker powder will do.

SweetSweetIrony

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
hey
smiles.gif

I'm a mac girl so I can't tell you jack about MUFE...

I *had* the same type of combo/oily skin as you for the past few years when i was living in the east coast and my favorite summer time foundation was MAC's face and body foundation. It's pretty sheer, but it's enough coverage to even you out and it doesn't look cakey. It also holds up really well in the water if you happen to go to the beach or the pool
If your main concern is finding a foundation that really controls your oil, check out Clarins Truly Matte foundation. It's the only one that actually kept me completely matte..but i still love the look of the MAC face and body better

fix + is meant to kind of freshen your makeup after a few hours and revive it. I also spray it on before my foundation to help the foundation stick better to my face.

lip plumpers...the best one i found was from victoria's secret, the silver one. it's the most intense one that i've found, but just like any other lip plumper, after like 30 minutes the effects go away.

strobe cream is awesome if you want that glowy look. Since you already have somewhat oily skin, i wouldn't use an additional moisturizer with it, unless it's an oil control lotion (btw mac's oil control lotion works very well)

primers - you can skip them. I've tried so many and frankly don't see any difference with or without them.

for contouring, choose any powder that's about 2 shades darker than your natural skin tone. It doesnt have to be a blush or designated "contour" product. any darker powder will do.

Victoria's Secret? Hm, thanks I'll go do some research on that.

QueenBam

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci

THIS!

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony
For quick references. I have acne prone combination skin/leaning more towards oily. I'm a 110 in MUFE's HD foundation, but it's a bit dark. I'd probably be something like a NW0 in MAC. Pink undertones and ridiculously rosy cheeks that refuse to be covered up by anything.

For MUFE, I actually prefer the face and body foundation. I have acne-prone skin and lean toward the oily side. I found this formula to be much more light. My daily foundation is MAC's Select SPF in NW 20 and it is perfect for me. We are close to the same coloring, so you might try it in NW 20 or NW 15 and see which you prefer.

For the pink undertones, try the PURE LUXE line of concealers. They are amazing and get rid of EVERYTHING. Here is where I learned of it:

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f191/h...-heavy-114845/

I don't use Fix + because I honestly never saw a need for it. It didn't do anything for me.

Lip Plumpers-I use the Buxom ones.

Quote:
Strobe cream, how worth it is it? Do you moisturize before using it, or is it technically a moisturizer. I really want nice glowy (fake or real) skin this summer. Are there other products that are good for this?

Strobe is a waste of money and it sucks. I would use a highlighter instead. The strobe cream just makes your skin look fake, in my opinion. I would get an MSF or highlighter like the one from Girlactik (I like Lace) and just use a tiny bit around the cheekbones.

Quote:
Primers. I have Urban Decay's pore perfecting primer and MUFE's green corrective one. Only problem is that I notice afterwards, I tend to break out a tiny bit on my forehead. Just small little bumps. Are there any primers that are known for NOT breaking people out?

Best primer I've bought is Laura Gellar's Spackle.

Quote:
Blush/Contouring, it seems impossible to me. I have these horrifically rosy cheeks. That even with primer, green corrective measures, foundation and loose powder...I still have these bright pink dots on my cheeks. Just the placement of my natural colour, makes me feel like blush will never happen, because it would clash, or colour placement would be off and I'd look crazy. And again, because of my paleness, I don't know where to look for a contour colour.

Try using a contour as an adjunct to your natural colour. Contour the sides of your face and head, but leave the apples of your cheeks as is and be sure to blend in any harsh lines. I'd use something like MAC's prism to start.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

claire87john

To find a hue that matches your complexion,use your skin tone as a guide: "If you have cooler undertones(meaning your skin has hints of red, blue, or pink), look for shades with the word cool in the name," advises Sheriff. If your skin has warmer undertones (hints of yellow or orange), look for the word warm on the product label.

My favorite products by Illamasqua are their blushes as they’re super pigmented, creamy, and last a long time. I especially love the color “Naked Rose” as it’s a muted pink color that is easy to apply without looking too bright or clownish.

As lip plumpers increase in popularity, so does the variety of lip plumpers that can be discovered both equally online and in stores these days. However, a few of these products usually are not as productive as some others, and also issues such as this must be taken into consideration before buying a lip plumper..search for maxolip reviews if you can :) good luck