I need so much lipsick help.

SweetSweetIrony

Please, take pity on my unschooled self and give me recs?

I am ridiculously pale. But I have naturally dark rosy cheeks, and my hair colour changes fairly often between red and black. I have no idea where to start with lipsticks, what good staple colours are, etc.

I really want to find a nice nude/beige. But all the swatches I seem to find look yellow or tan, or are so sheer there wouldn't be an effect. Since I have such pronounced pink undertones it's hard for me. I already have some nice pale pinks, but I want a decidedly nude colour, one that won't make me look dead. Just a nice colour to wear with smokey eyes or bright eyeshadow.

I'm interested in a bright pink too, a darker shade, like show orchid or girl about town. But I don't even know if I could pull that off, or if it would make my whole face glow pink.

This is my skintone.
This is the natural colour of my lips.

Thanks.

Nepenthe

Nude lips can be tricky on anyone, but if you're dead set on lips that are truly nude and match your skin perfectly consider using concealer. If that's totally unappealing I went hunting and found a few links that might be helpful.

Good luck.
cheerleader.gif

http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/63487/porcelain-beauties-favourite-nude-lip-combos

http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/92906/porcelain-beauties-the-best-ofN

Hilde

When you say nude d you mean lighter than your lips(like concealer effect) or a my lips but better type of shade?
I'm fair and cool/pink as well.

loveoontherocks

not sure if this helps but i love creme cup from mac. my skin sounds like yours, pale and with pink undertones and i have dark hair.

maizelem

When you have Black hair, go for a Magenta pink lip, be daring!! Makeup should be fun, and since you say you have rosy cheeks it will go perfect because when you put on a pink lipstick it always looks nice with a little pink blush. If your cheeks are to pink put a little bit of a neutral colored blush to tone it down. and keep the eyes simple with a little winged liner
For the lips i would say maybe
NYX black label lipstick in HOT PINK OR
like you stated show orchid!!! I love that one!

SweetSweetIrony

So I'm debating getting The Faerie Glen. I'm liking the swatches I've seen. Would that go okay with my colouring?

I guess I'm looking for a pale neutral 'fleshy pink' type colour. Not straight beige because I think that would end up turning orange on me, so a neutral colour with a hint of peach or pink seems like it would work?