I need some advice please

Pink_minx

There is an open recruiting session for Sales associates at a Cosmetic and Skin Care store. They sell similar products that Sephora sells. I have never ever worked in the beauty industry and want to know how I can emphasize my interest in makeup and beauty on my resume? My previous jobs were being a Nanny and working in Retail for almost 2 years at a Hallmark store. Since it is an open recruiting session there's probably going to be a lot of people there who will have more experience in the beauty industry than me. How can I make myself stand out? How should I do my makeup? Im going to wear all black and wear my hair straight. I know I LOVE makeup and would absolutely enjoy working in a makeup/skin care store. I just doubt myself because of what my previous jobs were and feel they wont have any interest in me. These were their qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills!
• Minimum of six months of retail and cash handling experience.
• Must have experience with a computer operated register.
• Cosmetic and Skin care background is preferred.
I have everything except one which is the last part. Any advice?

Simply Elegant

Let them know of your interest and all of the information about the brands they carry. I'd make a focus on how transferable your skills are and if you have experience with lots of different skin types, eye shapes etc that will make the customer have confidence in your advice making them buy more.

Latest posts