I need some advice

sharyn

Last thursday, I lost my job, last friday, my so called best friend called me and said she didnt want me to come over to her birthday because the other guest think I suck and that maybe its better if we wouldn't hand out anymore - and today the man I thought was the love of my life left me without a single word. 10 days ago he said he'd go visit a friend and well... he never came back. We were perfectly fine till yesterday, he even called sunday to tell me he loved me and that he'd be happy to marry me someday... then I didnt hear a thing from him till wednesday, when I called him and asked him to please come home cause I felt bad about the thing with my job and my friend. He said it was okay and he'd be there the next day. well, he was supposed to be here 7 hours ago but he never arrived. He simply doesn't answer the phone and doesn't return my calls. I know that normaly, you'd think maybe there was an accident or something but to be honest, I just think he was to lazy to think of a decent way to break up with me. Now I feel kinda left by everyone I loved and I dont really have a friend or someone I can call. I also dont have any job offerings or anything like that. All I have is my mom and thats kinda frustrating though I love her sooo much and she is a huge help, I still feel alone and hurt and confused.

What would you do?

thank you for reading all this.

frocher

Hang in there Hon.
th_hug.gif

V15U4L_3RR0R

Aw that's horrible to go through lovely. You just gotta hang in there. Throw yourself into finding a new job. It will at least cure one problem and take your mind off the others a bit.

You could always spend some hang out time with other friends? Your friend should be ashamed of herself for saying that but if she's going to be a cock, would you really want someone like that for a friend anyway?

Surround yourself with positive things and keep busy. I find that having a good cleaning and decluttering session always helps me feel better. It gives me time to think a a bit but is kind of symbolic in a way to life. Hope you cheer up soon though and don't forget that there's plenty of people on here who would be happy to have a chat and listen to you vent spleen and stuff. *hugs*

RaynelleM

awww that's terrible ... some ppl can be so insensitive to other ppls feelings but remember everything happens for a reason ... friends & bfs come and go but you'll always have yourself and your family to depend on!!
if i were you, right now i would focus on trying to find a new job ... you can even use this as an opportunity to try to get into a new field or apply at a place you've always wanted to work at ... or you can even use this break to take a little trip somewhere you've always wanted to go (if you have the money for it ofcourse) or spend some extra time with your mum.
and as for your friend, imo it's better that you found out now what kind of a person she is instead of wasting more time being friends with someone who clearly doesn't have your back!! ... and look at it this way now you won't have to waste any money buying her a b'day present!!
does your bf live with you? cuz then it's really weird that he hasn't returned home for so long ... i know when my bf (who lives with me) is gone all day and i try to reach him and can't i start to imagine all kinds of bad things that may have happened to him ... but usually when i finally get in contact with him the explanation is something as simple as his ringer was off or something else stupid. however, if he really is gone just remember it was probably meant to be ... someone better will come along soon enough!
i guess the best advice i can give you though is to stay positive and focus on all the good things that you do have in your life and everything else will work out in time!
smiles.gif
th_hug.gif

meiming

All I can say is hang in there and I know how it feels. I am going through something similar (if you put the 2 together). My best friend up and left me by just poofing and not returning my calls suddenly. It's been 2 months of no communication after we used to talk every day or every other day. Unfortunately, my coping has been denial. I can't seem to bring myself to call her and confront her. It's all just too upsetting.l

MACATTAK

Stay positive! We've all been there where bad things keep piling up, and it feels so overwhelming! It will get better. I agree with the other posts...do you have other friends you can hang out with? You definitely need to let this friend go if she is going to say this crap when you need her the most. Also, don't underestimate your mother. My mom has gotten me through a lot in the past, and I'm just so glad that I had her there. She is the one person I can always count on when people let me down. Keep your head up. It will get better
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

Your "best friend" sounds like a bitch and not worth your time. Your boyfriend- Maybe something really did happen? I'd tactfully confront him on it if/when you talk to him again.

blindpassion

As hard as it is, you're life, and you sound like a strong girl! You'll make it through all of this, even though it's hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. Theres always hard times, thats what helps you learn and helps you grow as a human being, and instead of crying over it we must learn to embrace it and live through it as best we can. When you're up is never feels as good as it should, and when you're down you never feel like you'll be up again. But we breathe, and we move on, and we smile... because tomorrows another day, and tomorrow will be better... it always gets better.

sharyn

Thank you soo much for all your answers!!!

staying postive and focusing on other things than the thought "omg I've been left by just everyone!" really helps. My mom was with me and talked to me till I fell asleep at 2 a.m. though she has to get up at 5 to go to work...

I realized that I need to let go of that "friend" - If she rather celebrates her B*day with people who talk bad about her behind her back and says that they're more fun to hang out with just because I don't really drink but they like to get wasted almost every night... well then happy birthday I guess but I'm glad I'm outta there
smiles.gif

I know I'll have plenty of job offerings in the future, I just need to really think about what I actually want do do - and that takes some time but my family supports me 100% when it comes making important decisions.

My BF called at 4 a.m. telling me he's sorry he didnt come but he needed some time alone to think about our relationship (we've had some problems in the past, nothing bad but apperently enough to make both of us nervous about the future) and that he decided that he loves me and hopes we can start from new (he actually said that I was the best thing that ever happened to him^^)

So, I lost someone who wasn't a true friend anyway, I got the change to think about what I want to do with my future ( I wasnt happy with the job, anyway, I just do need the money) and now I know that my BF does love me a lot and I feel like we're even stronger now
smiles.gif
everything happens for a reason, right?

Thank you again for all your support and answers, I really appreciate it, you made my day
bouquet.gif

nunu

im so happy you and your boyfreind sorted things out
smiles.gif
Just forget about your so called best friend, once she'll get bored of the gang she's with now she will relize what a stupid mistake she did to you.
you are a strong woman and you will get through this. Keep yourself busy finding what you really want to do and go for it!
take care *hugs*

NutMeg

I'm glad you're feeling better about everything! Sometimes a situation just gets you down, but it seems like you're feeling more positive about it now, and of course you know that your boyfriend is still there for you.
greengrin.gif