I need to love my #187 brush...

Romina1

Could you recommend how I'll come to like and actually use my 187 brush? I got it b/c it is considered to be a must have. I do not own many brushes but I cannot find a good use for it. I initially got it to use with msf or bronzer but it doesn't seem to pick much product. I prefer my 109 or 168 for that. Powder and blush? same problem, so I use the 150 and 168. I haven't used it to apply foundation yet, but I think I prefer my regular foundation brush 190.
I must be making a mistake or working it in a wrong way. What do you use this brush for?

fleur de lis

I use it to apply liquid foundation because I prefer a lighter application, and it's great for that. Looks really natural. I also find it good for applying really pigmented blushes as I'm very pale, but you've mentioned you don't like it for that. I'd try applying your foundation with it and see if you like it for that :)

gigiopolis

I use the 187 to apply liquid foundation when I really want a flawless finish. It makes foundation application so easy! Usually I'm pretty lazy though so I just use my fingers.

It's also really good with pigmented blushes. I use a different large duo-fibre brush to apply loose powder as well. Prevents me from using too much of it.

myluckypenny

It's okay - I have MANY brushes, but I show my 187 NO love... I much prefer my Sigma F-80 for foundation or my Sephora #55. Maybe for cream blushes, but I don't use those often enough to reach for the 187... =(

Romina1

I'm not the only one then... I had started feeling guilty or that I was doing something wrong. I tried it yesterday with liquid foundation, I did it more quickly than my foundation brush, it was ok, but I prefer my fingers, too! I think I don't have a cream blush right now, I only have liquid blushes (HD by MUFE), I'll try with these, too.

nunu

I need to love my 187 too. I feel that it doesn't pick much product to be used for powder blushes or highlighters. And I prefer using the 109 with my Studio fix fluid.

Latest posts