I need to vent! :(

MAC_addict_77

How come every time around Christmas things get really bad for me and my family??? I just don't understand it.
Money is really tight, again, I had to overdraft my account so I could get my daughter some birthday (20th) and Christmas presents.
I have been struggeling with major depression and anxiety for the past five years and finally for the last year I am taking meds for it and I am feeling much better with them.
Well all this time my doc was giving us (my hubby takes them too) samples because we couldn't afford to buy them, which is really nice of him. So I call up today cause we only have 5 pills left and the nurse tells me they don't have anymore!!!!
weeping.gif

What the heck am I going to do now? It's not even like I can just stop taking it, you are supposed to be weened off them.
We don't have any credit cards so I can't charge them.
This is all I need right now...
cry.gif

Sorry, I had to let it out.

pumpkincat210

I am so sorry. Being on Paxil myself I know it is difficult to stop cold turkey. Hopefully something will come your way. The holidays are always depressing, i've learned that, but they will end soon
smiles.gif

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_addict_77
Christmas ... Money is really tight ... We don't have any credit cards so I can't charge.

I think you put your finger right on the problem
ssad.gif
I'm so sorry to hear things are so rotton for you.
I'm having a rough Christmas already too. Not so much to do with money, but other things. So, you're not alone babe.
*big hugs*

Pink_minx

Aw im sry, you are not the only one. My mom is trying to sell all her nice barbola mirrors and other antique stuff so she can buy my brother and I presents. I feel so bad. My dad had to pay all the bills since my mom maxed out the credit cards for herself, my bro and I and food eh and the morgage payment so he has nothing in his bank now until he gets paid but even if he gets paid hes gonna keep paying those bills. My uncle is still living with us rent free and my parents arent doing nothing about it! like hello! kick him out! he is eating our food and his son is drinking all our juice and eating all our food too and hasnt helped us with groceries It gets me mad. My christmas isnt starting out good either.
I hope all goes well for you soon. Take it easy hun! sry bout everything. :/

MAC_addict_77

Thank you all, you are truely sweet. Seems like Christmas time is the craziest time for most people.
I hope nobody thought I was asking for pitty, I really wasn't, I was just upset after I got off the phone.
I will call them back tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do or if I should just stop taking it.
Again, thank you for your support and kind words.

user3

Doesn't it feel good to just let it all out!
I totally understand your situation. Money always seems to be the root of my problems. Money may not buy you happiness but it sure as hell can buy you peace of mind! Well, that is what I am guessing since I don't have much money I more than sure having it is better than not having it.

I am really sorry that you are having a hard time right now
ssad.gif

I can't do much for your current situation but I can tell you that next year try to plan ahead for the birthday and christmas. A few years ago I started buy gifts around Sept. I really helps to buy things here and there. You just gotta remember where you put them at christmas time!

I hope the DR office can do something for you.

Just know that we are here for you! If you need anything feel free to PM or email me. I have a shoulder that you more than welcome to use
smiles.gif

tacklehug.gif

mspixieears

Oh mac_addict, I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through. Minus the financial struggles, I'm exactly in the same boat as you are, but thank god for health care in my country - I pay less than 5 bucks for my meds (month's supply) which would usually cost...over 150 AUD?

Can you talk to your doc directly? I had a very similar experience where the receptionist at my shrink's clinic cancelled my appt and then when I tried to get a 'semi-urgent' appt, she blew me off. Which made things worse of course.

If you're on a high enough dose, perhaps you could go to the hospital and they may help out? Cold turkey on some drugs is pretty bloody serious.

I'm so sorry to hear about your state. Gosh, I hope you work something out. As with Zap2it, you're more than welcome to PM me.

Juneplum

oh sweetheart i'm so sorry to read this.. wow.. ita with everyone, call your dr and see if there's anything at all he can do to help.. ((hugs))

user4

i am so sorry u're going through this. i know what it's like to be in a financial struggle... it's rough. i hope that everything gets fixed though. i think you should def try to speak to your doctor directly though. i dont know what meds ur on but like mspixieears said, its dangerous to stop some meds just like that, especially when they are anti derpressants! you should def try to make some arrangments with ur doc! and u may get sick of hearing this, but u can def PM me!!!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Cold turkey on some drugs is pretty bloody serious.

I was thinking about that last night.
I hope the nurse realizes that you guys have been taking those meds and that it might cause serious problems for you to just stop.
Gosh, I hope the DR can help you out.

MAC_addict_77

Thank you all so very much for your support and understanding. It means the world to me. Well I called again and they can't give me any meds so they called in a Rx. Yeah that is great and all but I still DON"T HAVE THE MONEY! Hello! That is why I called them cause I couldn't afford to get it on my own. He said that I can not just stop taking it, so now I have to take half a pill until I can get it, which still will not work out because I only have 3 pills left AHHHH.
This is such a messed up situation. We don't even have family that lives in the US. My parents live in Hungary and my husbands are missionaries to Mexico. So yeah, what I want from Santa this year is $80 so I can get my meds
cry.gif

Eye<3Colour

i sent u a pm not sure if my advice will help tho. also, can you goto a pay day shop and right a check to get some cash for your meds? they usually hold your check for a week to two.

MAC_addict_77

Well, my in laws might be able to help us out but I won't know for sure till tomorrow. I will let you all know. Something needs to happen cause I am freaking out.

user4

def let us know. dont freak out too much cuz its not gonna help. just stay calm... im sure something will come up. there has to be something!!!

MAC_addict_77

hey guys! We where able to get our meds
greengrin.gif
My inlaws paid for it. I am so glad this stress is over. Thank you all for your concern and kind words, it really helped me a lot.

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_addict_77
hey guys! We where able to get our meds
greengrin.gif
My inlaws paid for it. I am so glad this stress is over. Thank you all for your concern and kind words, it really helped me a lot.

That was nice of them. I think Christmas is overall stressful for most people. I am pretty sure I will overdraft my account this week - but at least they cover with a good OD allowance. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do..... I don't use credit cards either *if I had them I'd probably max them out on mac anyways. I am greatful that I use indian health and my meds are covered if I had to pay out of pocket I'd not be able to be on what I need for my asthma. I'm horrible with money and its just a lifelong issue I have- too many things I want - not enough money and no credit.

I hope you can enjoy the holidays now. (((Hugs)))))

colormust

i am so glad to hear that it worked out for you, i am a fellow pill taker and i know how it feels. it really sucks. it is like you just cant control your mind.

i hope that you have a wonderful christmas and new years.....keep your chin up girl
: D