I need your advice: having doubts about lipglass (Finery), loose powder, pigments

Eleentje

Hey guys!

I've had my first rather big Ebay haul, but I'm having doubts about a few products.
I've got a Novel Twist 3 plum lips set, A Mei 3 bold eyes set, Mac Trip 3 lustreglasses in a box, and these look pretty authentic to me: batch codes are visible on the boxes, tiny brushes have numbers, there are cardboard inserts with ingredients, etc.
From the same seller I've also bought a Finery (3 coral lips set with a little purse), 2 piggies: Pink Bronze and Revved-up and a beauty powder/loose in Drizzlegold. These I'm having my doubts about.

Finery set, batch code M87
2 included lipsticks look fine. They both have stickers with printed batch code A47, have names and finishes (Ruling Class-frost and Aristo-Chic-lustre) and there is text "not for individual resale" on them. They smell like vanilla and all the printing looks decent. However the small lipglass only has the name: Splendid! No text: "no for individual resale", no batch number (I got the sticker off and there is only raised text BMG on the base of the gloss). The Mac logo looks weird: M and C look bolder than A! :S And it looks like the gloss started to settle a bit. However it smells fine, just like other lipglasses ive had.

Then we have the powder: batch number isn't on the sticker on the bottom of the outer box. There is a dot-style batch no B77 on the side of the box, where it says:
Beauty Powder/Loose
I don't see any printing faults on the box otherwise.
The batch code is on the jar base sticker. It matches: B77. There is a shade name too. Text is left-aligned. I don't see any incosistencies, printing faults.
There is raised text Colt-Ainer and that R sign.
Logo on the jar looks a bit suspicious to me (a bit of a difference in distances beteween parts of the M and A)

And last but not least, pigments. I haven't heard anyone name these colours in fakes' lists before, although I don't really have the luxury of time to go through all the threads once again to verify this.

The outer boxes look like they are good quality. I tried scratching them, but didn't see anything suspicious. I am not sure if authentic MAC boxes shouldn't be possible to scratch at all? Cos i scratched them quite hard, but you hardly see any kind of effect. Text/hole alignment looks fine to me. I've measured the diameter up, and i's about 1,2 cm for both boxes.

The back of the boxes:
Both have dot style batch code, Revved-up is B37 and Pink Bronze is A86.
Text looks consistent. No allignment clues. Revved up has only the recycling sign, while Pink Bronze also has that book sign (it doesn't look bold, and the hand looks like it should look, no gaps between index and middle finger). Should all piggies have both signs? That is the first thing that is bugging me.

Then, the stickers on the base of the outer box don't have batch number! That's the second that is bugging me.

Jars: same height, there is a gap between the lid and the jar, the lids are matte. The base has the silver stickers (they are not exactly in the middle of the jar. Batch codes and names are there and they match.

Text on the inside bit of jar's bottom (both pigments): Coltainer, then there is a number 12, and 3020. Text on the jar (Pigment Colour Powder, etc) looks almost the same, although it seems that the text on Pink Bronze is slightly bolder. Letter "N" in POIDS NET looks a tiny bit smudged (Pink Bronze). Both piggies say they're made in the USA.

MAC logo looks very decent, i can hardly feel it when i go over it with my finger.

Pigments have a bit of a smell, but only if i really go sniffing on them. Nothing really unpleasant, but a tiny bit chemical. One of the piggies was more full then the other. I've tried swatching them, and both look really nice. Whe i rub them with my hand, I can get most of it off, but the shine remains and i have to wash it off to get rid of it.

Both plastic transparent lids look sturdy enough. There is a 4 digit number inside of the outer ring (3251), nr 12 and 3250 in the inner ring, along with the text Colt-ainer III (III is slightly smaller), which is more or less directly underneath that nuber 3251. The foamy protection bit inside of the lid seems to be well glued, as i cant really take it off wihout damaging/scratching it.

Right now I can't take good pictures of everything, because I am ridiculously busy. I'll do my best to post them asap. I'm dying to know if any of my doubts are grounded. Can any of the experts give me some clues? You can also send me a pm, if you would rather not disclose this information here. Maybe i've said too much myself, please let me know, and I'll remove any text that shouldn't be here.

Thanks a lot in advance!!! I'm so clueless right now
th_confused_new.gif

Eleentje

Oh yeah, one of the pigments had a little leaflet about the shades that shouldn't be used in the lip area (golden olive and violet), and the other one didn't!

gildedangel

In response to your last comment, some piggies are and aren't lipsafe, that is normal. I am not sure about the rest though, sorry.

1165Cheryl

Hi,

Not all pigments come with leaflets, many LE's arent made with them. Many also dont have the batch number on the bottom of the box so thats very normal. There are slight differances between LE'S, pro's & regulars along with glitters. It also depends on the year/batch. Pink Bronze has both signs since it's a regular pigment, I have a few revved up directly from MAC and the one I'm looking at doesnt have the book so thats OK too
smiles.gif
Both of mine don't have the batch number on the bar code on the box. Revved up will come with less in it then Pink Bronze so thats OK.

I'll try and do more checking for you when I get done filling some orders. One thing that always helps is pictures since the fakes are getting made much better then in the past
ssad.gif

Hope this helps
thmbup.gif

panda0410

^^ITA
smiles.gif

Would help a lot if you could post pics though, many of the details on the counterfeits are the same in principle, but not in practice. i.e. the numbers/batch may well be the same as the authentic, but it may still not be authentic. Written descriptions don't cover enough bases - we really need to see them. About whether Revved Up and Pink Bronze have been faked - the answer is yes, two quite common colours to be faked actually. I'd like to see them, we really cant say for sure until we do, sorry hun.

Eleentje

Thanks for your help so far, girls!
I'll try to take pics today, when I get home from work. Let's hope my camera will want to cooperate, because it's quite bad at taking close-ups.

Okay, I've taken the photos, and there are so many that I think it's the best to just go to the link and look through them. I've made some comments there as well. Please nevermind my horrible chipped nailpolish
blush-anim-cl.gif

MAC pictures by russianmaffia - Photobucket

Latest posts