I need your opinion! Do I wear these? **Photoshopped pic included!

Edie

Ok, I have a friends wedding in a few weeks and I need to know whether to wear this outfit. (i have altered it slightly - added in the shoes - TRIED to colour the bag a bit more gold as it is similar to the shoes in the pic)

Ill be basically be wearing what she is (black dress) and the bag and shoes. The bag is the same style as the shoes (not the one pictured) but it is a purpley and gold colour.

In your honest opinion: do you think it would be too much?

Picture4.png

Here is a closer pic of the shoes but in black:

Black

This is the purple ones (the ones I have)
Purple

mesopotamian

Be too much? What other occasion is there bigger than a wedding?
I think the dress and shoes are a beautiful combo, but (in my opinion) the bag is too big(I'm assuming your bag is somewhat similar to the bag shown in the pic). A little clutch, perhaps, would be better. That way all the attention will be centered on you and not the bag.

eye_pr0mise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesopotamian
Be too much? What other occasion is there bigger than a wedding?
I think the dress and shoes are a beautiful combo, but (in my opinion) the bag is too big(I'm assuming your bag is somewhat similar to the bag shown in the pic). A little clutch, perhaps, would be better. That way all the attention will be centered on you and not the bag.

i completely agree. took the words right outta my brain hehe.

de-lovely

I say go for it. I see the other girls are saying bring a clutch, I could never do it haha I have too much stuff I need to haul around with me. But if you feel comfortable with just a clutch, it would be fine as well.
xo!

Edie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsmelody
the outfit is cute! i love it i really like the dress where is it from? thanks

It's a Zac Posen according to Cosmo! haha

FullWroth

Typically it's considered bad form to wear black to a wedding, since it's the color of mourning and stuff, but I don't think anyone pays much attention to that anymore since I see lots of people wearing black to weddings. Just make sure the bride's cool with it in advance, I guess. Otherwise, seconding everyone else, it's a cute dress!

candidilyme

its a cute dress. i don't see a problem with wearing that dress. the dress isn't too revealing and i wouldn't worry about it being a black dress because you obviously wouldn't be wearing THAT to a funeral. Just try to accessorize it a little with some gold bracelets or some rings.

3jane

instead of a big bag like that, maybe get a pretty purpley shawl or scarf just in case you need to cover up. only saying since in my experience, often the wedding ceremony's a bit formal, but then everyone loosens up at the reception.

user79

Personally I wouldn't wear black to a wedding, but I know some people do. I think I'd opt for a smaller bag or clutch to make it look more elegant.

KittyKat

I love the shoes, you should definately wear them! I would go with a smaller bag, like MissChievous said, it would loke more elegant. But I dont mind the black dress, I think it's a very nice combination.

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullWroth
Typically it's considered bad form to wear black to a wedding,

That's what I was thinking. It's only considered "acceptable" if it's a blacktie wedding.

I'd wear a different color instead, but the outfit is lovely.

mona lisa

I like the outfit though cupcake is right about white being much more appropriate for a wedding. (Unless it is "black tie" of course.)

purrtykitty

I like the dress and especially with those shoes, but the bag may be too big. I'd use a simple clutch (in gold probably). Lots of people wear black to weddings since it's simple, but elegant look. But if you decide not to wear black...DO NOT WEAR WHITE (or any variation there-of). That's the bride's "color" and wearing it is the ultimate wedding no-no.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
But if you decide not to wear black...DO NOT WEAR WHITE (or any variation there-of). That's the bride's "color" and wearing it is the ultimate wedding no-no.

I really like the outfit but I don't know if it's wedding appropriate. I wouldn't wear black and the bag is too casual. BUT I'D DEFINITELY RATHER YOU WEAR BLACK THAN WHITE! lol

Although, some people's weddings are not super formal so it really depends on whether it's a day or night wedding. I recently went to my brothers wedding and had a church/ceremony outfit and a reception outfit.

Sexya(TM)?Princess

i love it and don't think its that bad to wear black to a wedding. of course u don't wanna offend anybody so i'd double check, but i've seen plenty of women do it.