• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

I promised- a BROW SHAPING TUT -now ready!

Esperansa_b

Hi everyone!
smiles.gif

You asked me for a brows tutorial. It took me some time, because I really didn’t know how to explain the way I do eyebrows. Anyway, I tried my best to make a good tutorial, which you can really leaen something from it. I hope it will be helpful, and sorry in advance if sometimes I’m not spelling correctly, my english is not the best and I’m going to write a lot
tong.gif

Enloy!

As you already know, those are the rules for a correct shape of eyebrows:

BROWS001.jpg

1. Imagine a line that goes from the side of your nose and up. This is where brow should start. If you need it, you can also take a pencil and place it next to your nose so you’ll see the exact place.

2. Imagine second line, which starts in same place but goes through the pupil of the eye. This will be the highest point in the brow.

3. imagine third line, which start again in same place, but this time goes through the outer corner of the eye. This is the place where the brow should end.

While we found the correct places:
If your brows are closer then this to each other, I suggest to pluck it. Brows that are too close each other aren’t so pretty, and also make eyes look closer each other (ehich is not recommended usually). If your brows are too far each other, we’ll fix it as much as possible with makeup, later. We have nothing to do with it right now, but not plucking any hairs where the brow starts.
Same thing at the end of the brow: usually the brows are not longer than that, but if so, I suggest pluck the unnecessary hairs.

We’ll start by cutting the hairs where the brow starts. Brush the hairs upwords. Take little siccors and cut against the brow growing direction (like marked in the picture)- only the hairs where the brow starts, those hairs that stand and appear to be longer than the rest of the brow. Some people cut the hairs all over the brow but I think it makes to harsh look and I suggest cutting only where needed.

brush.jpg

cut.jpg

After we cutted the long hairs we will clean the unnecessary hairs that grows all over the brows. We’ll pluck only the hairs that are far from brows, those which can’t be part of the brow anyway. All other hairs we wont pluck yet. It will help you get a clean picture of the brows in this step. It’s not a must, but I think working this way first is helping the process.

Now we look at our brows, imagining the shape we can create from. We need to consider our natural brows while planning the shape. For example- if one brow is thinner than other, we have to do both brows in the thinner brow’s thickness, because symmetry is very important.

We’re imagining a line which draws the shape we want to our brows, like the white line in the picture, considering the rules of brows shaping that we saw at the beginning of the tutorial.

shape.jpg

Any excess hairs we pluck.

The shape of the brows depends on self preference, so I can’t really say something about it. Anyway, I don’t like do it very thick at the beginning and thin at the end. I like it about the same thickness when it gently becomes thiner at the end.

Some important things about shaping the brows and plucking:

1. I suggest you to have a good tweezer, it will make work a lot easier.
2. If you use wax, you better know well how to use it, or go to someone professional. I suggest if you use wax, use a tweezer too, for the closer places to brow. It’s hard to do it accurate only with wax, and you better not do mistakes.
3. While plucking, tight the skin with your fingers. It will hurt less this way, create less radness on skin and be easier to catch hairs.
4. Don’t do mistakes by thinking that brows will grow. Any of our hairs can stop growing some day if we pluck it, so do it while you’re calm, have enough time and you have a good lighting. If you think you’re not good enough to do it, I suggest letting someone professionl do it. I used to go to a cosmetician a long time before I learned shape my brows. Notice that not all the professionals do brows as you like it, so choose one from comments or check out some brows he shaped.

Tip:
While designing the shape of the brows, you can use a white pencil to colour the excess hairs. This way you’ll see the shape before you have plucked hairs, so you can re-desigh it as you like.

Filling the brows – makeup

I wont do a tutorial on how do the brows makeup, cause I’ve seen lots of it, but here some important points:

1. I prefer using a brow pencil instead of eye shadow just cause it takes less time, but you can use what you like. Just make sure you choose a colour which is matte and matches your natural tan in brows. Never choose black pencil/eyeshadow, it makes a real harsh look. Prefer very dark brown.
2. always fill the brows with the natural direction of hair’s growing. Don’t do lines over the brow, it doesn’t look natural.
3. after filling the brows, brush them with an empty mascara brush. It softens the look and makes it a lot more natural.

4. if your brows use to get messy, brush them with a clear mascara too. After, brush with an empty mascara brush again, so it wont look like you put hair gel on it (eww!)

Thanks everyone for reading this tut, I really hope it was helpful, kisses!

gracetre123

nice...thanks for this tut...you have beautiful eyebrows...I always do mines the same way but yours are the perfection!!

Miss World

thanks for the tut ^_^ I can only clean the stray hairs every once in a while, but I usually go to a professional to get them shaped and trimmed .. I NEVER take chances with eyebrows
smiles.gif

Esperansa_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss World
thanks for the tut ^_^ I can only clean the stray hairs every once in a while, but I usually go to a professional to get them shaped and trimmed .. I NEVER take chances with eyebrows
smiles.gif

I think you do right, eyebrows are a very important part in the face.