i really need help with foundation - ;-(

HapaDynazty

hmm.gif

well this is the second post i made about help with foundation - sorry for asking again but no one seemed to answer the first one so i will try one more time
lol.gif
hopefully ill get more feedback this time

well, anyways ive been trying and trying to look for the right foundation for me. i need a long-wearing foundation that looks natural and that doesnt break me out (i have sensitive skin)

well whenever i get foundations usually the long wearing ones break me out for some reason but thats what i need! i cant have a foundation that melts off midday bc im a busy woman LOL
i dont have time for touch ups

alsoi heard waterbased foundations are long lasting and not as harsh on sensitive skin - besides makeup forever foundations what other ones are water based?
anyways i need some suggestions

i was thinking

prescriptives virtual skin or virtual matte
EL double wear (but im scared to even try this - i heard it was thick)
lancome adaptive

or whatever else is out there.. i have some mild red spots on my face and light under eye circles i would liek to cover without looking like a mask.

please help1!!! i need lots of feedback thank u so much

Hawkeye

My Holy Grail items for my face (and I don't do touch ups with foundation and I have SUPER Oily skin) and I also have very sensitive skin (everything breaks me out) is I use a very good foundation primer (Smashbox is really good but so is Laura Mercier. It's just how you want to feel- Laura Mercier is very light so that may be the one you may need to look at).

And I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Vincent Longo's foundation in Liquid Canvas Dew. It's the only stuff I can wear that stays and also looks nice and fresh.

The concealer I love is Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge. It is amazing.

Dreamergirl3

youbeabitch is right, a good primer will definately help your foundation last longer! I like Photo Finish by Smashbox, but there are a ton out there.

For drugstore, I know Maybelline has they're Pure Makeup that's waterbased. I don't like it too much, but that's just me, I know a lot of people that do.
MAC has a few waterbased foundations:
Select spf 15
Face and Body
Studio Finish Matte
Select Tint

(I haven't tried these, MAC lists them as being water based on their website :p)

I also find that layering my foundation helps it last. I apply a small amount with a damp sponge or damp foundation brush, and keep putting thin layers. It also helps to prevent over application since you know when you have enough on. hope this helped some and good luck!
smiles.gif