I really want to work for MAC (I'm a newbie) I would LOVE advice & feedback! Pictures added too!

I really want to work for MAC (I'm a newbie) I would LOVE advice & feedback! Pictures added too!

Hey there!

I would really really love to work for Mac but as silly as it sounds I'm a bit intimidated, I went by the MAC counter not to long ago and the girls there looked on point and so confident in what they are doing. Am I the only one that feels like that? Has anyone ever had that feeling before?
anyone.gif
(maybe its just me lol)

Plus I'm a newbie, I don't have a license or anything like that. I've only done my own make up and my friends. I do have a strong background in art, I've painted for many years. But becoming a makeup artist is something that I've always felt I wanted to do, especially to work for MAC! I just love love love there products! I dont have a portfolio or anything like that, only regular pics of looks that I've done for competitions on youtube.

Should I stop by the mac counter and ask to speak to the manager? What should I ask or say? Should I dress a certain way? (I know lots of Q's) I would love some advice, tips or suggestions. I would really appreciate your honest opinion being that there are so many great and talented MUA on this site.

I posted some of the pictures I mention before and a pic of the makeup I did on a friend. I would really love your critique. Please let me know what I need to improve on. There is always room for improvement! :)

Thank you!
flower.gif

Favorite Movie theme Contest

Arab Look Contest

Makeup I did on my Friend

Creative Looks Contest

Alice in Wonderland Contest

xoxjulie21xox

Great looks! You should go to the counter/store you want to apply at and ask to speak with the manager, dress to impress, try and wear black and makeup that they will notice. I recommend you PM LAURENCLARK shes on MakupAlley, and I think shes even on here, I bet she will have some great answers for you (since she did work for MAC) and shes super sweet!

Great looks! You should go to the counter/store you want to apply at and ask to speak with the manager, dress to impress, try and wear black and makeup that they will notice. I recommend you PM LAURENCLARK shes on MakupAlley, and I think shes even on here, I bet she will have some great answers for you (since she did work for MAC) and shes super sweet!

THANK YOU so much! I will def look her up! Also in case they ask for a portfolio do you think those pics are ok? I know it should be well photographed but thats all I got.

paparazziboy

check out the interview thread on here it was a big help to me. MAC is pretty much always looking for freelancer depending on your area. MAC is a great company to work for. but make your on your game know about the company the history of it the programs that MAC has it not just about doing makeup. i had no experience doing makeup on anyone other than myself when i applied and im a permanent artist for MAC they might wanna see a portfolio. your pix are not bad just make sure to show them beauty looks not just stuff you have entered for a contest is that is all fine and dandy but u wont get people coming to a counter for that. so make sure ur up on current trends color theory products know what going on with the company MAC is very involved

check out the interview thread on here it was a big help to me. MAC is pretty much always looking for freelancer depending on your area. MAC is a great company to work for. but make your on your game know about the company the history of it the programs that MAC has it not just about doing makeup. i had no experience doing makeup on anyone other than myself when i applied and im a permanent artist for MAC they might wanna see a portfolio. your pix are not bad just make sure to show them beauty looks not just stuff you have entered for a contest is that is all fine and dandy but u wont get people coming to a counter for that. so make sure ur up on current trends color theory products know what going on with the company MAC is very involved

Cool,thank you for the tips! This really helps a lot, its something for me to def keep in mind. :)

Latest posts