I recently bought Studio Tech

aquarius11

Hey there!

I personally like and use the 190 brush for Studio Tech. I like the control and coverage that this brush allows, plus you can get to all the nooks and crannies..examples: the area around the bottom of the nose, the hair line, and near the inner corners of the eyes. Personally, I'd use the 190 over the 187. However, you can use the 187, just keep in mind the application will be sheer and there is more work involved swirling the brush around. I would also think you'd get some streaking from the brush bristles on the 187, so blending will be needed after the initial application.

Have you used your new Studio Tech yet? I think it's a great product and I love the coverage and blendability that it offers. I hope you'll like it!

Artemis

I don't have a 190 but I have the Lancome #2 foundation brush and it looks identical to the 190. The 187 brush is does a better job with powder products than with liquid products and studio tech is a creme foundation so it more toward the liquid side. If you like the way the MUA put the foudation on your then you should use the item that the MUA used.

Mixxi

I also use the 190 for my Studio Tech rather than the 187. I just prefer to keep my 187 for sheer application of powder products.

Kiseki

I definitely wouldn't use the 187 for a compact foundation like Studio Tech, I'd end up damaging the brush hair and getting streaks that would become a mess to blend evenly.

Definitely keep the 187 for all things powder, spray or fluid.

Something similar to the 190 would be preferable.

MAC_Pixie04

The 187 wouldn't get ruined by using studio tech with it. I see MAs use it for studio tech all the time. I don't use Studio Tech but I've used something very similar, I recommend the 190 or a regular foundation brush as well. You'll be able to better move the product around and blend it and get better coverage with it.