i scored an interview!!!

Loveleighe

So if you remember reading my last FOTD, I finally decided to stop being chicken and pt my game face on and go to a MAC counter and apply. I spoke to the counter manager and she said they weren't hiring but always taking resumes so i dropped it off, we talked for a minute and then she gave me a business card and sent me on my way. So i just dropped by the store today (not wearing MAC but the colors were very similar to the N collection) and i was just trying out hyper real foundation since i have yet to and i mentioned how i put myself on a budget once i saw that i'd need to buy everything from the fafi and heatherette collections. so the MA sits me down to do a demo of mineralize satin finish on me since they didn't have a hyper real deep enough for me and we're talking and she starts asking me if i do hair and makeup and some other things and i go into my speel and she said well you know we're actually going to start interviewing next week for freelancers since we are always looking for them. And i said oh wow i just dropped my resume off with the manager like last week and you guys weren't hiring she said i could call her or the asst. manager. so i was going to wait a little while and then check back . Then she says that's me i'm the assistant manager. She was like yea when i'm done we'll set up an interview for next week. At this point i'm beaming and i follow her to the register to make my purchase and then she sets up an interview for me. Before i was leaving i asked whteher it would be a group interview or individual and she stated you're going to be my assistant. I've read this board up and down and i think this is a new one. Has anyone ever done an interview where you shadow a manager? ahh i am so excited but still super scared i'll keep you updated.`

baybehbekah

not sure what she meant that you'll be her assistant but it can't be bad!

good luck!
smiles.gif

Loveleighe

thanks so much ladies. i've picked out my look and my outfit. i'm wearing black oxford heels, a dress simliar to the link on the bottom (1), a black pashimina (with some slight colorful details). for my makeup i'm doing a look similar to the originals full on lust look but kinda really different using parrot, club, charred, carbon, sea me shadestick, ochre style, nano gold, and electric eel e/s. I'll be wearing lashes and will probably put in some effort and curl my hair. just wanted to some opinions on my look/outfit idea

UrbanOutfitters.com > Lux Braid Strap Deep V Dress=

M·A·C Cosmetics | Full On Lust

Loveleighe

Lol so i still have no idea what she meant by me being her assistant because instead i had a regular old sit down interview where she asked me close to 30 maybe 40 questions. I was sooo nervous i got super hot my skin felt like i had a fever and my face was completely red which is pretty hard for my NW45 face. As nervous as i was, despite a few random rambling sessions my responses were strong. she said i interviewed well and that she would be calling me for a group demo interview once the managers in there region agreed on where they would send us and how many of us were going to go. She did mention that their region has really slow turnover so idk. i have a demo interview on the 6th for another location so we'll see. Here is my question for current MAC employees. I was told that you are only allowed to freelance at the counters in your region. I happen to live in between 2-3 different regions ( basically equal distance between, pennslyvania, NY, and NJ)
1. would i have to apply to all three regions if i wanted to freelance in all three states? The counter i applied to has about 12 stores in their region but about 8-10 of them are too far away ( like closer to maryland). So i basically wanted to know if the 10 stores that are really close to me are in different regions and i got a job at a counter in region 1, would i then have to apply to a counter from region 2 and region 3 to be able to work at those 10 counters.

Latest posts