i still dont have the clearance bin =(

Janice

Postwhoring to reach 20 posts is not allowed. I have temp restricted your access to the CB.

iheartgloss09

seriously? i wasn't "postwhoring". its not like i just submitted "hi" 20 times to someones post. i did 20 seperate posts and commented on people's looks and such. i just think you should have mentioned you can't post 20 times in one day. I mean I posted here asking about access to the CB and you tell me 20 posts. So I do 20 posts and then you restrict me?

iheartgloss09

Greetings,

Many of you are wondering if you can post sell or swap threads on Specktra.net. The answer is: Yes, you can. We have a special forum called the "Clearance Bin". There is one rule we implemented recently regarding the clearance bin, and that is you must have a minimum of 20 posts to view it. Once you reach 20 posts access is automatically granted to the forum and you can start swapping and selling. However until then you will be unable to even see the forum in the forum listings.

To make it absolutely clear - Postwhoring to reach 20 posts IS NOT allowed. You will have your access restricted if this happens.

You just now added the last part because I read that before and you didn't have it down there. if those are the "guidelines" youre talking about then you did not previously have any rules to that.

Janice

No your right, I added it to that post - FROM the clearance bin guidelines that are in the CB forum and not viewable to anyone whom cannot see the forum - so that THIS would not happen in the future.

Why are you arguing? Why do you think that I would make up a rule just for you? Are you really THAT upset about this issue?

In closing, Why would we make rules if we aren't going enforce them?

Your access has been restored to the CB since it's been 24 hours.

iheartgloss09

I'm not arguing with you, I have no desiree to argue about this. All I'm saying was that you told me to post 20 times before i have access. so i posted 20 ligitimate posts. then you tell you im restricted? it made no sense to me. And no i dont think the rule was made up JUST for me. in fact i think that rule wasnt posted anywhere for someone like me to see it. i think that you made a mistake in not telling me that i cant post 20 just to get access. And i did not like the comment calling me a postwhore. that was offensive and un-necessary. im really not that upset, if anything youre making a bigger deal out of it by saying:
Why are you arguing? Why do you think that I would make up a rule just for you? Are you really THAT upset about this issue?

as for your last comment, im not upset because i didnt get access to the CB, im upset because i got restricted because you failed to inform me about the rule (which was not listed in the sticky pad about swapping and selling) when you said 20 posts. anyways, like i said i didn't feel we were arguing at all, just simply stating our positions.

Janice

Let's put it plainly:

THESE ARE THE RULES. They have ALWAYS been the rules (you can state your position all you want it's not going to change the fact these rules have been in place long before the silly accusation that I "made a mistake"). If you do not like our rules, and the enforment of these rules feel free to click the "logout" button.

POSTWHORING is common internet slang to describe posting with little or no content to achieve an elevated post count, title, and/or access to a private forum.

iheartgloss09

i'm sorry but youre making a big deal out of nothing. and im not going to waste my time arguing with you about this. bye.

mac_obsession

The last part of the rule was implemented because people were abusing the clearance bin, and in order to have some sort of control over it, it needs to be monitored. You must understand this, its nothing personal, its just the facts.

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartgloss09
i'm sorry but youre making a big deal out of nothing. and im not going to waste my time arguing with you about this. bye.

I thought you was'nt arguing with Janice? I don't know why YOU are making such a big fuss about it you access to the CB was restricted for 24 hours only not permantly.

Jessica

The rules may have not been posted in the best of places (though I'm sure that it has been remedied by now) but certainly you can understand that they were put in place for a very good reason and long before you came along to challenge it.

iheartgloss09

The last part of the rule was implemented because people were abusing the clearance bin, and in order to have some sort of control over it, it needs to be monitored. You must understand this, its nothing personal, its just the facts.

I know, im not arguing with the rules i completley understand them and i agree with them. the reason that im commenting is because the conversation went like this:
her: you must post 20 times before you have the CB
me: i posted 20 good comments
her: youre restricted for postwhoring.

i understand the rule but thats not why i was upset by it, i was upset because of how i got restricted for something i didnt even know?

anyways

I thought you was'nt arguing with Janice? I don't know why YOU are making such a big fuss about it you access to the CB was restricted for 24 hours only not permantly.

excuse me but youre not a part of this, so please just stay out. im making a big fuss? im sorry but i dont see anyone yelling here. no one is arguing if anything all of you are making a big deal because youre posting comments that that. so why dont you go back and read everything and then tell me whos making a big deal out of it. and the fact that i was restricted has nothing to do with it. its the fact that the rule was no where for it to be seen.

Hikaru-chan

I'm sorry but I don't remember a rule stating were I can and cannot post if you find it please let me know. And I know It's really none of my business but I thought I would post a comment as I just did'nt see why a 24 hour ban would bother you that much.