I think he still has feelings for his ex

mello

It doesn't really sound like he does. I guess he just doesn't really want to be reminded of her.

MACATTAK

It sounds like the only feelings he has for her is BAD feelings. It's probably when similar things come up, he's reminded (in a bad way) about the psycho.

JGmac

My fiance has an ex like that. Even though it's been years, he throws a fit if I wear any sort of Vanilla scent because it reminds him of her.

I agree with the others, I honestly don't think he has feelings for her. I think all of her chastising, insults, and demands made him feel insecure and unworthy. Things that remind him of his ex may just bring bad all those bad feelings, things that he may want to keep buried.

Hilly

She hurt him and he wants to get over all things that remind him of her. It takes time for guys to forget that stuff. I dont think he is wanting to be with her or anything.

dollbabybex

me and my ex hate eachother now...but i still dont like a bad word said about him...and i still have nice memories of him...

and might occasionally talk of a fond memory but that by no means,means id ever go or wnt to go back out with him!

for example when the simpsons movie came out,he loved that show...so i immediatly thought 'oh he'd have loved to go see this'

so i wouldnt worry!

SingFrAbsoltion

So I ended up talking to him..and he said pretty much what all you guys said how it's only bad feelings that he has and blah blah. But then the next day I pointed out this key he had and I found out that it was her house key! He was carrying it around all this time! I got really pissed off and he threw it out of the car window right in front of me but still...ughh

xbeatofangelx

Yeah I don't think you need to worry about the key thing either =]. Chances are, he just forgot about it, or never thought about it. And throwing it out of the window, while dangerous, shows that he has clearly moved on. =]

frocher

^^ I agree, there have been things I have kept from previous relationships that could be misconstrued as mementos, but they weren't. It is good that you talked it out with him.