I think MAC sold me a fake brush?

shelavou

About a few months ago i just started getting BACK into MAC, and though I needed a new brush, so I got the 188.
I only have the 190 and a set from MAC
But my 188's handle is NOTHING like my 190 but I got that like 5 years ago so I was thinking maybe they just changed the handle materials?
my 190 has a sparkly handle and doesn't say japan on it but my other one does?

Sadly i can't take a picture of it I don't have a camera but what are some signs its fake?
I really am hoping I'm wrong.

shelavou

Well last night i found a site and it looked more liek the fake one to me,just where it said Japan.
i feel realyl stupid thinking they would sell a fake one

2nigurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
It sounds like its a real brush
Why would MAC be selling fake brushes?

youre exactly right. why would MAC sells fake brushes. what does it says on the handle? i have my brushes and it doesnt only says Japan but also China, France and USA.

jdechant

^^Ditto..don't worry, I have brushes that ARE real but don't all look the same..it depends on who makes them at the time...MAC is the one place where you know you won't get a fake so DONT WORRY..lol..

lukinamama

I am 100% sure that there is no way to buy fake brush(or anything) in Mac store.Maybe you should take your brush to Mac store and ask them if it is fake?just to make yourself sure that your brush is not fake
smiles.gif

Meryl

You don't sound foolish.

I have brushes from years ago that were made differently than the ones now. They keep changing them.

Originally (in the late '80s) all the brushes were made in France and then they changed the styles and they came from Japan and now the brushes are made in both places.

Latest posts