I think this has to be the absolutely most amazing use for lipstick I have ever seen!

jens7lil1s

I was peeking on youtube tonight and saw this video I just had to share........ Don't go by the title, you have to watch it to appreciate it and I do see MAC lippies on the side of the picture but wow, just wow! And here I was expecting to see how to make big lips from lipstick!

YouTube - How to get Angelina Jolie Lips with Lipstick Speed Painting

Hop[e you enjoy it as much as I did, the end result is so fab!

smiles.gif
Jen

kaliraksha

Wow, I couldn't even trace that picture well... much less replicate it free hand upside down!

I wonder how this guy started using lipstick as his medium...

franken_stein

Okay, that's picture itself is amazing, but just WHAT THE HECK to the fact that it was done upside down! Geez! I can draw okay.... but upside down, forget it!

persephonewillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein
Okay, that's picture itself is amazing, but just WHAT THE HECK to the fact that it was done upside down! Geez! I can draw okay.... but upside down, forget it!

actually, drawing upside down produces a more technically accurate picture.

when you see an object over and over and often our brains take less time analyzing and therefore don't get all the detail of the object anymore (faces, trees, houses... all the things you see every day). it would get overwhelming to us if we saw every detail in everything every day, so our brain minimizes it.

by flipping your subject (if you can) upside down and drawing it upside down, it causes the brain to analyze the details again and you can create a more life like piece of art
smiles.gif

(yikes, that didn't sound art-geeky did it
winks.gif
lol.)

Latest posts