I think we are so lucky

leenybeeny

I got some horrible news today.. one of my old coworkers killed himself on Good Friday. He always seemed to be such a happy upbeat person. He was very popular at work, had a beautiful family, everyone adored him. But obviously he had something dark going on inside that no one knew about.

I have then been reading this afternoon some of the posts here and how down people have been feeling. I just wanted to send out a big
th_hug.gif
and say that we should keep talking to each other. No matter how down you get, there are always people who care about you and want to see you happy.

BEA2LS

we are lucky, i hope that people who are feeling down or helpless never ever stop fighting, i hope we/they never lose hope.

X4biddenxLustX

Sounds kind of corny, but I am VERY thankful for this forum and all the wonderful people on here. I have a lot going on and don't have many people really that I could turn to so I turn to all the specktra-ettes on here.

coachkitten

No problem is big enough to take your own life. What a sad story leenybeeny. It just breaks my heart because life it to precious to have it end like that. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

I am glad that we have Specktra to be able to talk about these things.

I have been through some rough times in my life but I have always been able to pull through no matter how difficult that seemed at the time. And there were some days I felt like I would never make it through but I did.

I hope that no one on here feels like this but if they do please know that you have people who care about you.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

OMG Kathleen, that's horrible news! On the other hand, you are right. I feel very lucky to have this forum and have all of you wonderful girls as part of my life. I have been going through some hard time myself (as you prob read last week). I must confess posting about it here and hearing everyone's advice has really really helped me pull through.

Thanks again for this post and thank you all girls
smiles.gif

leenybeeny

I think that is what is so great about Specktra. Sometimes it is easier to talk to people who are totally outside of all the drama we have in our lives.. outside of family, work... and we all have a common passion that brings us together... So it's like you have this wonderful group of people who will give you a virtual hug when you need it, or a good (but soft and loving) slap upside the head when you need it too!

Tinkerbell4726

I had a friend in high school that killed his self. It was the saddest thing in the world to go to his funeral and see HUNDREDS of people that DID care and LOVED him so much but he was too lost to realize it.

Nothing is ever worth taking your life for. I'm a newbie here but I read all the posts and know if I'm ever down I know I could come here. As scary and sad as this world and life might be there is so much to live for. Enjoying a warm day, getting kisses from a pet, or a hug from a friend, THOSE are the things I live for and I hope everyone else finds something that makes them feel special and worthwhile.

I'm sorry leenybeeny about your co-worker
cry.gif

chocolategoddes

This thread made me go "Awwwwww".

I'm so sorry about you old co-worker.
Some of the best therapy for anyone who's going through some really tough times is to share it with anyone and get some positive feedback.
Specktra serves as a GREAT outlet for those who might not be able to tell someone, especially because people here aren't judgmental and are very supportive.
I remember posting about how my dad almost died in a car accident and this was back when I had only recently joined. I didn't know anyone but I got some very nice and helpful comments and it actually did help.
Even though Specktra is a makeup forum, it's also has a lot of social aspects and people have formed strong friendships on here. So I agree... we should keep communicating with each other.

....yup.

User38

So sorry to hear such sad news. Life is precious and it is way too short -- the older I get the more I realize this and appreciate it... sadly, there are too many people who feel lonely and lost.

I am grateful to Spectra for also giving me a place to chat, write and express what to me is my living, and my passion
smiles.gif
That is a lot to keep living for!

Mabelle

I too have known a few people who have taken their lives. They were all young, beautiful (and i mean exceptionally beautiful), extremely popular, funny etc. They were adored by the people that surrounded them. Going to their funerals and seeing hundreds of people turn up... they all seem so shocked and ask why. There's never an answer good enough.
These people were all clinically depressed and couldn't get help. i know one of them was on meds, but i suppose they weren't working. I remember my dad saying "what does a 23 yr old have to kill themselves over?" I tried to explain that she was clinically depressed and that it's a chemical inbalance. She was sick. It wasnt because her boyfriend broke up with her, or her friends were mad at her. Her brain made her feel that way and it told her things would not get better.

I think we all need to know, that if that thought ever pops into your mind, you need to stop and ask for help. It's easy to get pulled into depression and get your judgment clouded because you can't see a way out. Whether you get help in the forum of a pill, or a friend to talk to, it's important to ask for it. It can make all the difference in the world.

LoveMU

Thank you for posting this. I have been going through a tough time as well, tho i am not one to talk about it. There's a lot of negativity in the world, and it is so comforting to know that there are kind people here in this world. It's unbelievable how a kind word to someone can really make a difference and turn a terrible day into a bright one.

You ladies are all fun and sweet!

X4biddenxLustX

I thought more about this thread as the day went on today. It just saddens me sooo much that this happened. I do agree that there is nothing worth taking your own life over cause SOMEONE even just maybe that one person in the world cares about you. And there going to be left asking why did this happen???

There have been times where probably many of us just feel so troubled and our minds just are so confused and we don't know if there is a way out, and you just contemplate about something like this for just that one tiny little moment. But to realize that the people who know you and care about you even one tiny bit will be left to deal with the pain and grief. That by it's self is not worth it.

I'm just so sorry for his family's loss and hope they are doing okay.

TISH1124

So sad...Suicide is never the answer...It just leaves so many loved ones behind left to pick up the pieces and blame themselves for things they probably had no control over.

Everyone here is wonderful and beautiful inside and out in so many different ways...If you get down just pick yourself up and do everything you can to talk to someone and get help...Tomorrow is always a new day with new possibilities...and we do care about everyone here!!

lafemmenoir

Thanks Leeny, sometimes, I will post "vent" here and hit delete and it lightens the burden, as I tend to not share my pain per se; however, I do feel sort of hypocritical frequenting a beauty forum when there is so much more to life than makeup. I read an article in Allure about how society has become so narcissistic with our Twitters, YouTube, Facebook and all the things that make people feel important, but we really don't know what people are going through so I try to be kind to people especially given the economy and people losing everything. Thanks for reminding me of what really matters and how shallow and petty things don't last but real friends do.
smiles.gif

nunu

I am glad i have this forum to vent in. I have met lots of great people on here who are so caring, fun and helpfull..those members are like my second family, they have helped me so much at many different times.

Kathleen, that's sad new but thank you for this thread.

Some of the quotes that keep me going:
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
What goes around comes around
Make the best of every single day
Don't lose hope

th_hug.gif

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I thought more about this thread as the day went on today. It just saddens me sooo much that this happened. I do agree that there is nothing worth taking your own life over cause SOMEONE even just maybe that one person in the world cares about you. And there going to be left asking why did this happen???

There have been times where probably many of us just feel so troubled and our minds just are so confused and we don't know if there is a way out, and you just contemplate about something like this for just that one tiny little moment. But to realize that the people who know you and care about you even one tiny bit will be left to deal with the pain and grief. That by it's self is not worth it.

I'm just so sorry for his family's loss and hope they are doing okay.

Thank you.. yesterday was the shock. This morning had been rough. I just keep thinking what he must have been going through to take his own life, and then burst into tears. The desperation must have been unbelievable. I have been very low, and thought I could not get any lower.. so just trying to comprehend how low he must have been is just tearing me up inside
ssad.gif

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafemmenoir
Thanks Leeny, sometimes, I will post "vent" here and hit delete and it lightens the burden, as I tend to not share my pain per se; however, I do feel sort of hypocritical frequenting a beauty forum when there is so much more to life than makeup. I read an article in Allure about how society has become so narcissistic with our Twitters, YouTube, Facebook and all the things that make people feel important, but we really don't know what people are going through so I try to be kind to people especially given the economy and people losing everything. Thanks for reminding me of what really matters and how shallow and petty things don't last but real friends do.
smiles.gif

I made some phone calls last night and sent a few emails.. just to say hi to some people I haven't talked to in a while. All I can think of is that if he had one phone call that night.. just someone saying something to make hi laugh.. could that have made a difference? You're so right.. we don't know what other people are going through. We should ask more often "how are you?" and that could make a world of difference.

lafemmenoir

Leeny,
I could not agree with you more, people need people but we as a society are all about, me, myself and I. It's like I mentioned with all this technology around self "Follow me on Twitter" so I can tell you what I just ate, the book I read, etc. but isn't the goal in life to be about making a difference and/or helping others?

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I made some phone calls last night and sent a few emails.. just to say hi to some people I haven't talked to in a while. All I can think of is that if he had one phone call that night.. just someone saying something to make hi laugh.. could that have made a difference? You're so right.. we don't know what other people are going through. We should ask more often "how are you?" and that could make a world of difference.

That's a very kind and sweet move from you!
yes.gif

Willa

Everytime I hear a story like yours, it makes me sad
Lately I've been feeling really weird, having feelings I never had before, unpleasant ones I'd like to see go away. By chance, I can vent here and there on the web. My personnal life isnt very exciting, my man and my family are there for me but I don't have any close friend to talk to...

Happily all my Specktra girls are there
I do not really talk about my feelings, but sharing stories about life and about our passions helps me a lot
yes.gif

Thank you all xxx
winkiss.gif