I thought you were in high school!

miss sha

I'm 21 years old, about to be a senior in college, and people are always surprised when I tell them how old I am. I'm 5'8" and a 36DD but people still assume that I'm as young as 16. I guess I just have a really round, young-looking face. This'll be great when I'm 40, but right now the last thing I need is to get hit on by some old creeper looking for a cut of high school meat!
cutey.gif

I find that wearing pink blushes just makes me look even younger, especially since the apples of my cheeks are MASSIVE. My eyes disappear when I smile. :/

Anybody else suffer from babyface syndrome and have any tips on what you do about it?

miss_primer

Count me in. I suffer from babyface syndrome. When I was 18 and a senior in high school people use to think i was 13. When I was in college people thought I was still in high school and thought i was sneaking on to campus...lol. Now at 24 I get carded at Walmart when buying DVDs. ( I was just buying the Dave Chapelle Show
ssad.gif
).

miss sha

Well, granted, some employees do card EVERYONE, even if you're obviously over 21.

I won't actually be 21 until next month, but I can't wait to get carded everytime I order a drink at a bar. My birthday is going to be fuuuuuun. :/

gunsxgoxbangxx

Don't you wanna look younger though?
I'm 18 and when I go out to eat they're like "2 kids menus then?"
but I kind of like it :}

hawaii02

Most people tell me I look somewhere between the ages of 22-26. Tell me that again in ten years when I turn 40.
lol.gif

ninaxmac

I so understand and being an early childhood major doesn't make it any better. Sometimes I am mistaken for students =/ I'm not short either just average at 5"4 and some of the actual student's have way more boobage than me!

gildedangel

When I was a senior in high school a friend of my father's at a party asked me if I was starting school in 7th grade at the junior high the next semester :/ I try wearing more grown-up styles, but that only makes me look younger for some reason.

chocolategoddes

Naturally, I have a babyface, but the way I wear my makeup makes me look much older, so if you really want to look older, you should consider trying makeup techniques that "mature" your features: Smoky eyes, contouring the face, arched brows, matte lips etc.

It's funny how people who are told they look young think they will continue to look younger when they're older. Once gravity does it's job and the grey hairs come in, you're gonna look old no matter what. lol

TISH1124

^^ Thats not necessarily true....My Mom has always had a baby face and she is 60+ and people still thinks she is like my sister ...she still looks very young and always as....Everyone does not look old just because they are aged

Little Addict

i have a babyface as well ...
i just kinda deal with it. i love pink blushes and yes, it does makes me look somewhat younger, but it doesn't bother me that much to care

sweatpea559

I'm 18 and everyone tells me I look 14.

I was at work in the break room one day and a man walked in and said "Do you work here? Or are you someone's daughter? You look like you're 14!"

And one day I was in CVS and the guy that was checking me out said, "Wow! You look like you're 14!" I obviously wasn't though because I was using a credit card and holding my car keys.

When I was a senior in high school my guidance counselor asked me "You're a Junior right?" and I said "No, I'm a senior." She said "Really! You really look like a freshman I was just trying to be nice!"

My mom also got carded when buying beer well into her 40's so I'll probably be the same.

LMD84

man! i wish i had a babyface! sometimes i get asked for id when buying alcohol but i think that more to do with the fact even though you have to be over 18 to drink they still id you if you look under 21 over here in the uk!

i'm 24 and i think i just look my ages. mid twenties. no wrinkles as of yet and still get zits! boo!

anita22

I'm 28 and people always seem to think I'm in my early 20's (like, fresh out of university). I think it's partly because I'm quite petite, and also the fact that I'm part Asian seems to throw people off. Personally it doesn't really bother me... I can use it to my advantage!

dulcekitty

Me!! I got carded at an 18+ club! Even with ID he still looked at my face real close like I was carrying a fake. I'm turning 23 in a month :p

Chikky

I'm 29.

I got carded buying 'Almost Famous' a few months ago. And getting into a movie last year. So you can imagine when I want to buy anything alcoholic...

I totally understand, though. After people find out, they always laugh and are like: 'Oh, you'll love this when you're older...!'

Meh, I don't think I look that young, but I constantly surprise people, even people I work with. They all think I'm 22-24.

L1LMAMAJ

my mom tells me i look older than my bf. he's the one with the babyface. it's cute but it kinda bothers me that i look older than him? maybe it's just me. when i do my makeup a certain way (dark eyes or red lips), i look even older. he has a really cute face and people think he's like 18 (he's actually going to be 23 soon)

TISH1124

I saw your fotd....I have to admit you do have the cutest baby face...Sorry!! but just say'n ...Looking young is not always a bad thing....
smiles.gif

miss_primer

My babyface has really caused some hurt feelings. Sometimes when I go out with my friends people tend to think that one of them is my mother...lol. Like time I was carded at Wal-Mart. The cashier looked at my friend and then looked at me and said "your mom could buy it though."
shockt.gif

And I am the oldest one out of my friends.

Or me and another friend went to the clubbing. We stopped at a gas station and the cashier asked why she went clubbing with her daughter.
shockt.gif

BeautyPsycho

It's better than people thinking you're way older than you actually are! It must feel bad when yor are 17 yr old and people thing you're 25 or so.
ssad.gif

People usually tell me I look exactly my age, I wish I looked younger lol
smiles.gif
We always want what we can't have I guess!

Briar

When I was 13 people thought I was 18, when I was 18 they thought I was 18, and when I was 28 they still thought I was 18 LOL!! I kind of got stuck at a certain look and didn't change for many years (face wise, my hair and clothes changed of course). Age is starting to catch up but I still don't look 38, more like 30 (so I've been told anyway). Of course, I never got carded, even when i was underage so I guess I've always had a more mature face.

Latest posts