I tried and fail bold n bright colors FOTD

xphoenix06

I've always been that kind of gal that always stuck with natural, subtle colors. Reason why? Well, one it's simply and easy/quick to do. Two, I'm afraid of putting bright, bolds colors on my face. Three, I feel like I would look like a clown and really un-natural. I love the look of natural looking makeup, why? Well, simply I think/feel that, that kind of look will always be classic. So no matter what the year, generation, season, time the natural look will always be in-style.

Even though I say that, the simple/natural look can get old and boring and sometimes a person like me...wants to do something different. Not seriously a drastic different look but maybe go a tad bit bolder, different color. Though I'd like to do a different look that doesn't mean that I'll just take a huge ass jump to bright/bold colors just like that. I'm one of those people who needs to take baby steps, when it comes to my face and the way I'll let people to see it. I admit that I have tried to just jump to big/bright/bold color but I failed miserably...-.-; So here's my attempt with a color that's a little brighter/bolder.

I decided to try purple, I know it's really really subtle though...-.-; I tried to make it pop, which it did in person..just not on the camera..-.-;

Before the look, here's the things I used to attempt the look..

Face:
Dr. Jart+ Black Label BB Cream
NARS Multiples in Copacabana and St. Barts (highlighter and contour)
MAC Select Sheer press powder in NC25
NARS blush in Orgasm

Eyes:
MAC e/s in Blackberry
MAC Suite Array duo e/s in Smoke & Ash
MAC e/s in Grand Entrance
MAC e/s in Dream Maker
UD e/s in Last Call
UD e/s in Grifter
UD e/s in Polyester Bride
UD e/l in Zero
UD e/l in Ye-Yo
NYX brow powder in black and grey
L'oreal Paris Double Extend (edit: forgot to list)

Lips:
Revlon l/l in clear (edit: forgot to add to list)
Nivea kiss of Protection
VS l/g in Passion

Here's a close up on the eyes, I tried to make it pop out. I think I'm kinda there, I know I need to do more on making more brighter and bolder.
CIMG0232.jpg

Here's me Mug Shot (yes I'm wanted in all 50 States..LOL)
CIMG0234.jpg

Me eye's closed
CIMG0236.jpg

My attempt was a failure..-.-; the look is just subtle. Not natural look or bold/bright. I guess I will need to use a primer like UDPP or a MAC Paint Pot the next time I feel like trying a bolder more colorful look, plus pack on more eyeshadow.
Hope you all like it ladies!! ^-^ Hopefully the next time I try a look like this, it'll be way better. I gotta remember that practice makes better if not perfect, and to take baby steps. (^-^)

BTW, see my ugly hair line! I hate it! Just learned that it's called the widows peck hair line. I have no clue how that come up that kind of name. I've always called it the dracula/vampire/v hair line. Wish I didn't have my weird looking hair line, it's not even balanced/even. -.-; Can't do any nice hair styles w/out it look weird..any tips on the hair?
Please and Thank you, lovely ladies and gent.s!
specktra_rocks.gif

uh_oh_disco

I don't think you failed! It's classy and noticeable. If you want to edge into really bright shades, try ones with gold, silver, bronze or brown tones. Maybe Pink Bronze pigment, Blue Brown (I think it's called) etc and using coloured eyeliner.

Skin*Deep

I think it looks great! love the colors together, you probably just aren't used to seeing yourself with a bolder look, so you think it looks funny. keep doing it and after a few days you will perfect it and start to love it, and will be ready to kick it up another notch!

RoseyPosey

i think it looks good, but you should use a primer.

I have a widows peak as well, and i dont even notice i have it anymore. one way to cover it is to have side swept bangs, which would look great on you

MiCHiE

Looks pretty as is. Since you already answered your own questions, I'll just say, "Go for it!".

Blueeyesangel18

I think it looks great not too in your face but its a nice soft bright look, and I love your pomp its cool your hairline looks cute, but if you want to cover it up I agree with RoseyPosey side bangs would look great on you