I was feeling a bit worried about being unproductive all day...

stephbunny

Hi mac gals & guys,

I punked out on showing up at work/school today because my stomache was feeling a bit upset. I *technically* was feeling better by the afternoon, but decided to stop at the mall instead of being responsible! eeks.

I didn't realize I was a mac addict until I descovered this site....so while I have been regularly going on makeup hauls (even way back from my bonne bell days) I didn't know other people "collected" like I did.

it's great to have such an awesome community/forum you all are so inspiring and I love seeing all the artists & creativity out there!

I joined the forum yesterday, but I have a feeling I'll be here for a while! my first day I just spent exploring the whole site...i'm so impressed!

So the mall that I went to had 2 MAC stores, a freestanding one, and a counter at the local department store. I went to visit both of them =) Here are my purchases: ( a couple items of them are b-day gifts for a friend, hence 2 of the same pigments).

f/l: rich ground (for best friend with green-blue eyes)
s/s: sharkskin (i'm hoping I can use this as well as ashlee_v85 does!)
s/s: beige-ing (for best friend to use with pigments)
e/s: passionate (this color is so bright & matte! i love it. the girl at the counter had it all over her lid)
e/s: vanilla. i can't explain why i like this non-color shade. but i do. it was also my pick for my b2m.
2X shimmertime pigment: (one for best-friend)
subtle pigment
lll: `pinkcraft, brassbeat, inkspill (am i the only one who loves these?)
paint: untitled
pro-palette: the one with 15 slots.
also pictured: 2 samples of the lip balms...the mac girl gave me 3...2 of the regular ones, and a "tan" one. i really didn't need another lip balm...i think i have 3 regular sized ones floating around somewhere! I actually liked them better without the SPF.

that's it for now..i think this is the biggest mac-only haul. thanks guys!

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbunny
e/s: vanilla. i can't explain why i like this non-color shade. but i do. it was also my pick for my b2m.

Are you telling us that you got an eye shadow for your back to mac empties???? How'd you manage to pull that off?
hmm.gif
Has policy changed, cuz as far as I know, we're only allowed to get lipsticks. I'd much rather get free eye shadows than lipsticks!!!

Great haul by the way!
thmbup.gif

stephbunny

ya it has! As of Nov. 1 (2006) at the freestanding MAC stores (not counters unforuantely), you can trade in your 6 empty pots for eyeshadow, lipgloss or lipstick! I was superhappy about that too. =)

err...I remember the MAC artist asked if I was "on file" in the system before letting me get the free eyeshadow...and you can only get them in the packaging (so not the magnetized pans).

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephbunny
ya it has! As of Nov. 1 (2006) at the freestanding MAC stores (not counters unforuantely), you can trade in your 6 empty pots for eyeshadow, lipgloss or lipstick!

Omg, this is the best news ever!!! Victoria is getting a freestanding MAC store soon, and I'll be going to Vancouver soon which has a few free standing counters!!! I'm so glad I held on to my empties instead of redeeming them for a lipstick I didn't want! Last time I went to take my empties in I almost wound up with a few lipsticks I didn't want, but decided to save them and come back another time. Yay!! I'm so excited now! Time to depot the rest of my shadows!!!

lovalotz

OMG
I BETTER GET TWO MORE ES BEFORE I GO TO MY F/S STORE
lol sorry
had to get that out of my system
anyways...You are lucky!