I was playing with the icon collection today...

SARAHluvsMAC

...and as much as it pains me to say this im not impressed by the quads at all...

they are just not what i had i mind... im sure some of you will like it though, just not up my alley

the lipsticks are very nice though..so is the packaging

its the shiny metal like the holiday lipstick sets were (tan lips, peach lips, etc.)

I have pic on my digi cam too but i cant find the cord so i guess you can live with these for now

the #223 in comparison to the #222
this is the softest brush i have ever felt in my life btw
1.jpg

i forget which palette this is but the orangey looking one is similar to samoa silk, the brown is like espresso, and the white looking one is actually a really pretty light yellow, kind of a subtle version of nylon
the purple is a taupey looking purple and im just so over those
2.jpg

this palette has a brown, almost like espresso again
the pink is a subtle version of pink freeze
the green is like prose and fancy or whatever it was called from a while ago and i dont remember what the color next to it looked like
3.jpg

ill post the real pictures later this week, including the lippies and swatches hopefully

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

You know what that green looks like to me - it looks like "pickle" - anyone else? I guess its hard to say until we see it in person...
smiles.gif
Thanks for the pics though!!

bruinshorty

the quad was the only thing I was thinking about getting, but now I don't think I want it, lol. Thanks for saving me money
smiles.gif

amoona

Gotta see the quads in person and swatch them on myself ... but I totally want the #223 ... and the #222 haha. Is the #223 going to be LE?

Winthrop44

I actually like the first quad, but that may be because I am closer to icon age myself than most folks on here. LOL

moonrevel

*makes grabby hands at the #223* Haha, I am such a brush whore.

At first glance, the quads don't do much for me, but I always say that and end up buying them anyway. Le sigh.

AudreyNicole

Whew! What a relief! I will be passing on the quads! Just 1 lipstick and 1 lipglass for me. More money for barbie!!
smiles.gif

Sophia84

Ohh thanks so much for the pics!! It's such a relief that I don't want any of these quads!!

Now I'm left with all the other blushes and beauty powders!

MizzMAC

I think I'll pass on the entire collection and just save my money for Barbie
smiles.gif
The colors look too dark for me in the Icon collection.

prinzessin784

oh good, I'm glad my decision to not buy the quads was confirmed!! Thanks for the info! Now I just need to hear a little more about the beauty powders...

TM26

I think I may pass on the quads to and save my money for the Barbie collection. I do think I may be getting that brush and beauty powder.

Ms. Z

Thanks for those photos & information.
smiles.gif

I have lots of questions.
type.gif

Are the blushes matte or shimmer? How about the Beauty Powders?
Do you know if this will be released tomorrow (Th, 1/11/07) at the Pro stores?

SARAHluvsMAC

the only blush i saw was smile and it was matte looking, i didnt swatch it though so i cant be sure
i have no idea about the pro stores, sorry

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Gotta see the quads in person and swatch them on myself ... but I totally want the #223 ... and the #222 haha. Is the #223 going to be LE?

Yep
smiles.gif

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
...and as much as it pains me to say this im not impressed by the quads at all...

they are just not what i had i mind... im sure some of you will like it though, just not up my alley

the lipsticks are very nice though..so is the packaging

its the shiny metal like the holiday lipstick sets were (tan lips, peach lips, etc.)

I have pic on my digi cam too but i cant find the cord so i guess you can live with these for now

the #223 in comparison to the #222
this is the softest brush i have ever felt in my life btw
1.jpg

i forget which palette this is but the orangey looking one is similar to samoa silk, the brown is like espresso, and the white looking one is actually a really pretty light yellow, kind of a subtle version of nylon
the purple is a taupey looking purple and im just so over those
2.jpg

this palette has a brown, almost like espresso again
the pink is a subtle version of pink freeze
the green is like prose and fancy or whatever it was called from a while ago and i dont remember what the color next to it looked like
3.jpg

ill post the real pictures later this week, including the lippies and swatches hopefully

Thanks for being completely honest about this collection! I can't always get to a counter to see everything 'up close' so your honesty is very much appreciated. You ROCK!!
cheerleader.gif

Latest posts