I was so excited about MAC Cosmetics being sold on Ebay Until I won this lot!

mrsdoubtfire33

While there are some great Ebay sellers who do sell authentic MAC products...you always have the fakes lurking in the background ready to plot and scheme! Well this was my first & last lot of fake MAC. I was eager to get this lot at a steal and when it arrived...I was shocked to see the whole lot was fake! Yes I got my money back without incident and the seller didn't even want the products back so I kept them...though never used because they all smell like motor oil! It was this lot right here when I realized...no one is gonna sell you authentic MAC for way less than the original price per piece. Check out the fake name label on that first supposed lipgelee!! Yes I learned my lesson so from now on I order strictly from a real MAC COUNTER!

ElarnerDawn

I got a fake viva glam gaga off eBay stupidly I saw it didn't have long left in the auction and thought I'd grabbed bargain as I had been after it since it came out! When it arrived I took one look at it n was so mad with myself for being stupid and impulsive! Iv since got a real one but definitely learnt my lesson to do my homework and like you say if the price is too good to be true it usually is! Lol

mrsdoubtfire33

I got a fake viva glam gaga off eBay stupidly I saw it didn't have long left in the auction and thought I'd grabbed bargain as I had been after it since it came out! When it arrived I took one look at it n was so mad with myself for being stupid and impulsive! Iv since got a real one but definitely learnt my lesson to do my homework and like you say if the price is too good to be true it usually is! Lol
Yes! I have never used the fakes because they smell like motor oil. I keep them around for reference so I can show people what Fake MAC look like.

User38

th_rolleye0014.gif
Caveat Emptor.. this means Buyer beware! ... do not buy anything unless you are sure of what the real product actually looks like -- down to the last sparkle or nuance in pigment.

sorry this happened to you but sometimes we all learn our lessons the hard way.

pumpkinspice

I did the same, last minute and then it occurred to me (right after I paid) the lipstick was not showing the box name or the bottom, I messaged the seller and said I'm sorry and don't mean to be rude but it occurred to me the lipstick is not showing the bottom name, can you tell me what it is and if it does not have one then its a fake and if so please cancel and refund my money to save us both a lot of time and dealing with an item not as described case. She instantly refunded my money and said she just was not sure she had bought it off craigslist..hmmm not sure? me thinks she was quite sure
th_loser.gif

CaliMel

I have a Hibiscus lipstick that I bought back when the Surf Baby collection came out...I had no idea that fake makeup products even existed at the time. So I have no clue if it's a real lipstick or not.
I quit using it once I learned that the majority of the stuff on ebay are fakes.
It was right after the collection came out, and it looks authentic, but I'm really not sure how to tell for certain.

Latest posts