I wish I could decide.

Suzyn

Hey. I wanted some advice. I'm getting a new cell phone this week, the old one bit the dust after two years. I want one of those smart phones and have worked it down to 2 choices(willing to take advice on another smart phone if you recommend one, tho). Since I have owned neither of these brands I was wondering if any of you had any input on these phones. Likes, dislikes, experiences, etc...
The two phones are the Palm Treo 680- Crimson and the ATT 8525. I wanted to try the new iphone, but someone I know at cingular told me its not worth the $600, and it's going to run on the old network.

Here's my thoughts on the phones so far: I don't like that the keys are soo small on the palm and but I like the red color and its a bit cheaper. I like the slide out keypad on the att and it runs windows, but it kinda looks bleh and it costs more. The palm doesn't run on the 3g network tho, but, would that temp me more to use the internet and run my bill SKY HIGH?

I want a smart phone mainly for the PDA capabilities. I had one of the original palm m125's from like 7 years ago, and it finally crashed recently. So I know palm lasts. Its always been a reliable brand for me, accessories, etc... I don't really know how the att phone stands up and I want something that will last me.

I want input because I hastily bought my phone last time cause I liked the way it looked and it was one of the first mp3 phones I remember seeing, the Sony Ericsson w600i, and I can't say its been one of my fave phones... I am at a loss. I hate decisions. TIA for all input!

ps. I hope the links work, cuz I suck at BB code. And I hope I put this in the right section of the forum, cause I was kinda iffy as the where to put it...