I wonder what the new Victoria's Secret makeup will be like...

S.S.BlackOrchid

So, Victoria's Secret is retiring the Very Sexy line makeup and will have a new line later this year. I'm curios about what it will be like, the colors, packaging, etc. Any thoughts?

Elusive21

I am very excited for this.

Ive always adored VS makeup - it's good quality and the packaging is cute as hell.

Do you guys know when this will come out? Maybe late summer?

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive21
I am very excited for this.

Ive always adored VS makeup - it's good quality and the packaging is cute as hell.

Do you guys know when this will come out? Maybe late summer?

It comes out on September 9.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
They have these new Global Goddess pieces that ive never seen before is this part of there new collection? Also i see a VS ultimate makeup kit on the site that ive never seen before.

Global Goddess is a brand by Shalini Vadhera not Victoria's Secret.

BadBadGirl

I haven't heard of many people using their products either. Which is surprising considering the amount of stores they have in the country.

I wonder how many malls don't have a VS store? I know I've never seen one.

I'll be looking forward to the new line. I like the lip products.

LatteQueen

Not a Drugstore Brand..Victoria Secret Makeup

Victoria Secret is having a major sale...any of their makeup really good? I want to go and buy some of it but want to know first hand how their makeup holds up..thanks

sararose

Re: Not a Drugstore Brand..Victoria Secret Makeup

I love ALL of VS's makeup line! I've been using their lip glosses and bronzers for years now, and they're some of the best I've found!

If you can find any of their Silky Bronzing Powder from their Beauty of Brazil line, grab them! I picked them up in both colors, "Copacabana" and "Ipanema" and am absolutely in love!

Also from the same line is their Bare Bronze Gradual Tan Firming Body Moisturizer self tanning lotion. This is THEE best self tanning lotion I've ever tried (I'm an SFF NC25 lighter/olive skin tone). It has no chemical smell (almost has a hint of coconut, actually) and after 4-5 days of application, I get a VERY deep tan, not orange at all!

Their Beauty of Brazil line is only for this summer, so once their out, they're out!

If you can't find any of their Beauty of Brazil line, some of my FAVORITE VS makeups are:
Mosaic Blushes/Bronzers
Very Sexy Perfect Lipsticks
Very Sexy Lip Gloss Duos

astronaut

Well, I can see why VS makeup doesn't sell so well. Why buy makeup that is poorly displayed with disgusting testers, when you can get it for the same price as say.. MAC that has artists who can help and actually know what they're doing...

rshutt

I hope that it won't be too expensive. But I think it will be real good makeup, maybe with some special promotion on TV. I am sure they get a big star ato make a TV spot. Nowadays you have to be on TV to sell make-up and other body care products.

Candee Sparks

I honestly back away from VS makeup. The only thing I have ever bought and was really pleased with was a duo gel liner that had a deep black and a dark olive in it. My VS is extremely filthy, all the cosmetics are unsanitary with everything from dust to loose hair all up in there. What's really good from them are their lipglosses and eyeliners, which pretty much sums it up in my opinion.

LatteQueen

I am curious also...I never knew Vic's Makeup was so good...I must of bought 6 lipglosses..Tempt and French Kiss and Passion(1) also their cream to powder foundation...D10. I also finally tried the Beauty Rush Shadow..I swatched it when I got home(no samples there for you to try) and it is so freakin' pigmented...
But when the new Very Sexy Makeup line comes out I will be there now knowing how great their products are..The associates don't even know anything about it yet...
I wanted the palette from the Brazilian Line but it was sold out..oh pooh,,

LatteQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
I haven't heard of many people using their products either. Which is surprising considering the amount of stores they have in the country.

I wonder how many malls don't have a VS store? I know I've never seen one.

I'll be looking forward to the new line. I like the lip products.

oh my goodness where I live there is a VS in every mall...where do you live..I live in PA

monter

just an fyi - the reason all the makeup is 75 percent of is because the line is being discontinued and relaunched in august. i'm not sure if it's just new packaging or if it's being completely redone (new shades, formulations, etc).

i used to wear VS before i got turned on to mac. i like their mascaras, and a lot of people freaked out on wednesday when i told them we were out of eyeliner and wouldn't have any in until august.
lol.gif

i would not recommend applying any of the testers on your face in the store, though. unless your vs is different than the norm, it probably won't be sanitary.

LatteQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
So, Victoria's Secret is retiring the Very Sexy line makeup and will have a new line later this year. I'm curios about what it will be like, the colors, packaging, etc. Any thoughts?

i was just informed they are also discontinuing The Beauty Rush line also? is this true also? I hope not..

sararose

I have always ALWAYS loved VS makeup (and this has nothing to do with me working there)! But most of you are right, the displays and tester makeup is usually poorly looked after. I have never had to work in the beauty department in all my time working at VS, but most VS's I walk into are "yucky".

I loved their lipsticks - their Very Sexy lipsticks were always so incredibly creamy and moisturizing.

More recently, I have LOVED anything from their Beauty of Brazil line, released for this summer. I've been using their Bare Bronze Gradual Tan Firming self tanning lotion with MUCH success and enjoyment, along with their Silky Bronzing Powders in both Ipanema and Copacabana colors; they're definitely my two favorite bronzing powders this summer.

I'm excited to see their new line!

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteQueen
i was just informed they are also discontinuing The Beauty Rush line also? is this true also? I hope not..

:O! I sure hope not. I love those flavored glosses.

Latest posts