Idol Eyes What Does Everyone Think Of This?

Kazzii-Loves-MA

Hi everyone,
so i purchased this today. I probably should of asked before, but it was an exchange and the colour looked quite pretty. is it hard or easy to work with? is the colour payoff good or bad, do you like how looks with other shadows, etc.
thankyou so much everyone
greengrin.gif
winkiss.gif

Kaz x x x

hello_kitty

I describe it as a "glitter bomb" that gets everywhere. It's not one of my favorites, but sometimes I use it over a darker shadow to add a bit of sparkle.

gildedangel

It is a pretty color, but there is little color payoff, it is super chunky, and glitter gets all over your face. I find that I never use it.

FiestyFemme

I don't like Idol Eyes at all! It's too difficult to work with, plus I've discovered as I've gotten older that I don't like glittery e/s. Knight Divine is a great one though - beautiful color, texture, and easy to work with. So don't worry!
smiles.gif

LineausBH58

OMG i just did a look with it yesterday.... I love it over a soft lilac cream base. I would pat on the color and or wet your brush to help with fall out. I love the color tho... depending on your coloring tho.

VeXedPiNk

To be honest, I hate Idol Eyes. I bought it because it looked so pretty, but when I got it home it just made a mess and there was zero colour payoff. I've maybe used it twice since I bought it, and just to add a bit of sparkle.

Tsunami Rose

I use Idol Eyes over a silvery purple base by Jane that I have, or a black base. Its awesome. I love Idol Eyes.

afloresm13

Idol Eyes has always been a difficult one to work with (for me at least)...

The color itself in the pan is so gorgeous! But it doesn't look the same when applied on my eyelids, even if I use it wet (with Fix+) or even over PaintPots.

WHAT I DID FIND, however, was that the color payoff became 100x better when applied wet over the GREASEPAINT STICK in "V"..it totally brings out the purple/violet undertones with the silvery sparkle!

Definitely try that out if you can... I also love these colors in particular over the Greasepaint Stick in "V": Parfait Amour, Satellite Dreams, Stars n Rockets
smiles.gif

BohemianSheila

Most Silver colors turn blue on me - Idol Eyes is actually a perfect Silver for me - don't know why. But I usually pack it over a paintpot or shadestick & pat it on - don't swipe it on. Also, it does work better wet. Hope that helps.

VeXedPiNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami Rose
I use Idol Eyes over a silvery purple base by Jane that I have, or a black base. Its awesome. I love Idol Eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afloresm13
WHAT I DID FIND, however, was that the color payoff became 100x better when applied wet over the GREASEPAINT STICK in "V"..it totally brings out the purple/violet undertones with the silvery sparkle!

Definitely try that out if you can... I also love these colors in particular over the Greasepaint Stick in "V": Parfait Amour, Satellite Dreams, Stars n Rockets
smiles.gif

These are both awesome suggestions... gonna look into them to see if I can actually get some use out of my Idol Eyes!

chickatthegym

I don't think it is as bad as the reviews I read said it was. If you use a good base, idol eyes can be pretty. (I like glitter though). As long as you know it's giong to be glittery. It is a little harder to work with than most shadows.

You should try it out for yourself before you make a judgment one way or the other though
smiles.gif
Good luck!

I wore it on Friday night to the Britney concert in the inner half of the lid. I wore it over Painterly p/p and patted it on (rather than swiping) and it worked reeeally well.

peachy pink

Haha everyone seems to hate it! But I really like it, esp over Painterly Paint Pot
smiles.gif
with other gray-silver-y shadows ... I love pairing it with Silver Ring and Knight Divine
smiles.gif
Smokeyyy.

michellexmary

idol eyes is not my fav... but i did just use it. it works really well as a glittery highlight on the inner corner of your eye. at least that what i used it for. its a super pretty color, so just have fun and play with it.
knight divine is sooooo nice. a dark silver so so pretty. i use it with silver ring or cumulus for a pretty grey with shimmer look.

foxykita143

Quote:
Originally Posted by afloresm13

smiles.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, I really love parfait amour but the color payoff sucks on me! I'm going to have to get that greasepaint.