idol eyes

anuy

...it sounds soooo pretty "silvered violet threaded with gold". any opinions on this shadow?

allan_willb

Flashtrack - Bright midnight blue with silver reflective pearlized particles
Stars N' Rockets - Light lavender with red/pink reflective pearlized particles
Dazzlelight - Neutral with silver/copper reflective pearlized particles
Crystal Avalanche - White with silver reflective pearlized particles
Zonk Bleu! - Teal with reflective pearlized particles
Moon's Reflection - Mid-tone blue with white/blue reflective pearlized particles
Satellite Dreams - Deep grey/plum with violet/blue reflective pearlized particles
Falling Star - Deep burgundy with red reflective pearlized particles
All That Glitters - Warm orange/beige with gold reflective pearlized particles
Twinks - Red/plum with gold reflective pearlized particles
Knight Divine - Carbon black with silver/blue reflective pearlized particles
Da Bling - Bright pink with gold reflective pearlized particles

Kat

Opinions are polarized on Idol Eyes from what I've seen...it's either love or hate! I am firmly in the 'hate' camp. It's the first lustre i tried and it put me off other lustres for ages. It falls all over your face when you try to apply it. Other than that, the colour payoff is loooooow and the colour itself looks horrendous on me anyway...nothing like the silver with purply bits the pot promises. bad bad bad! But I think others love it...must depend on skin tone??

user2

Hey Allan, I think she is talking about the e/s called Idol Eyes!
winks.gif

But yeah I keep an eye on it everytime I go to MAC!
greengrin.gif

ledonatella

Alot of people hate it but I like it...I don't love it but it is pretty. It shows up on my NC20 skin as a light silvery lilac and I don't have the problem of glitter falling everywhere if I use a good shadow base. But it's not as pigmented as I like my shadows to be therefore I don't love it. I can get the look I want if I use Electra with a pink/light purple shadow base so then it makes Electra look bright silvery lilac
smiles.gif

Dia

I hate it. It doesn't show up on me whatsoever no matter what base I use. I think I've maybe used it twice since I've bought it.

pumpkincat210

It's okay, nothing to write home about. I wish the description "violet threaded with silver and gold" was true, but it just comes out as a purple grey on me. It seems kinda chunky all in all though.

tinagrzela

Well, I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I love love love it!! It looks fantastic on me. I'm very pale, brown hair and eyes.

xSazx

I just tried it out.. i really like it.. i'm not sure if i'd buy it again but its definately nice! it is kinda messy though.

Classic Beauty

I thought i would love it, but the texture sucks. It doesn't pick up on the brush, and it doesn't show on my eyelids (I used beig-ing as a base).

absolut_blonde

I hate it. It goes on unevenly no matter what I do.

And it's not like I hate all Lustres-- Retrospeck and Tempting are great, for example. But Idol Eyes is just chalky and flies everywhere.

OldSoulsBody

:
sigh.gif
: sadly enough, I'm in the "hate" group on this one. I've only tried to use it a small handful of times but was not happy on any attempts. Actually, if anyone could give me some recs on how to pair it/use it I'd be delighted, as I've had it for quite some time and hate to waste.

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Hey Allan, I think she is talking about the e/s called Idol Eyes!
winks.gif

But yeah I keep an eye on it everytime I go to MAC!
greengrin.gif

lmao....im so sorry thanks for catching me on that one.

Allan

MissKaylee*

i LOVE it... looks amazing on top of other purples/pinks... i dont have the problems the others seem to have.

syren

I really like it as a neutral silvery color. I usually wear it over Stillife paint, and it comes out a pretty foglike color with gold shimmer. I usually blow most of the glitter off the brush and blend it in really well in layers. The first couple times I tried it I hated it and regretted buying it, but not it's one of my favorites. I was like that with Trax too, though.

lianna

I don't like it because it's so hard to apply and usually appears a dirty-ish sort of purple on me. Yuck.

But I've never tried it with Stilife before so I'll give it another go...