Ikea storage solution for smaller collections :)

Ikara

Ok so the other day I was at ikea and bought this little drawer

6296_124283627668_728412668_2446881_1366976_n.jpg

It's at the same price or lower (at least here) than the plastic ones!
Plus you can paint this one and decorate it as you like!
Here's not all of my collection but a bit more than half of it :p

So here's my layout (provisional, I'm going to get a desktop organizer to put my palletes and pencils)

6296_124283632668_728412668_2446882_5030621_n.jpg

I made myself the plastic separators, the bottom is also a plastic sheet to keep it clean!

6296_124283637668_728412668_2446883_7074720_n.jpg

6296_124283647668_728412668_2446884_3519555_n.jpg

I'll update when I paint it!

I hope you like this idea
winks.gif

thelimabean

I like it, I have a small collection too so this makes me feel better to know someone else here has that size collection. :3 But good organization!

nichollecaren

the investigative kitty is so cuuute!

do you mind saying the name of it? I'd love to see if I could get one for my own tiny collection

chynegal

i love my ikea boxes i just hated building it... i got 2 of the ones with the 6 small drawers and the 1 big drawer

Ikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
do you mind saying the name of it? I'd love to see if I could get one for my own tiny collection

Sure, it's the "FIRA" mini drawers, there are 4 options of tipes of drawer, at first I wanted the one that are 3 mini drawers instead of the first large one but I didn't like the way the drawers moved in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
i love my ikea boxes i just hated building it... i got 2 of the ones with the 6 small drawers and the 1 big drawer

it's ok with me cuz I love to do things with my own hands hehe
winks.gif
)))

tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Do they have these in slightly larger sizes without being the vanity size MALM? I'm ready to convert my chest over to a makeup storage unit but I'm outgrowing space and have limited space to begin with. Any info is appreciated but I'm trying to not use the chest as I love it to pieces. I love your nosy kitty as well...it wants to play soccer with your lipglasses.
winks.gif

tee, gotta ask....is that henna or a tat? The detailing is remarkable.
yes.gif

Hiya, thats Henna, I'm a henna artist!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
the investigative kitty is so cuuute!

LOL, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

InspiredBlue

One of those is on my current "stuff I need to get from IKEA"-list.
greengrin.gif
I was thinking of getting one of those with the smaller drawers, but I'll have to play around with it at the store and see if I like it.

How did you make your dividers?

SpringDancer

I got this exact same item a few months ago and it's great. It holds almost all of my collection, minus the pencils, eyeliners and mascaras. The separators is a cool idea!

Ikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
One of those is on my current "stuff I need to get from IKEA"-list.
greengrin.gif
I was thinking of getting one of those with the smaller drawers, but I'll have to play around with it at the store and see if I like it.

How did you make your dividers?

Just using the same technique as koren for the lipstick holders but instead of using card I used hard plastic

YouTube - Organize Lipstick/gloss, Save the Planet!

I was going to get smaller drawers too but in person I didn't like, plus you have "more" storing space and more options with the big drawers :p

Merula

I totally forgot about this! I know a YT vlogger (WSITN) that has two of these mounted (with the smaller shelves) on each other, painted in black. I'll have to look into getting this soon because my little indian drawer is getting crammed as it is, and considering I'll be shopping soon I need the space.

InspiredBlue

I'm going to IKEA on Thursday!
th_DANCE.gif

I think I need two as well - I currently have most of my mineral e/s jars stored in the lid of a shoebox. That's like a whole drawer right there. If I'm going to fit all of those, the rest of my makeup, nail polishes, maybe even some jewelry.. oh dear.. will two be enough?
shockt.gif

InspiredBlue

My nearest IKEA was out of the Fira in the layout I wanted when I went, so I ended up getting a similar, two drawer mini chest called Mackis. It looks like this:

0073_00062.jpg

I have three of them, so the total amount of drawers is the same as I would have had with two Firas. Eventually I want to paint them white, but currently they're fine the way they are.

The only thing that is a bit of a bummer is that the drawers are so shallow that I cant have full sized nail polish bottles standing, but at the speed I'm accumulating eyeshadows, there won't be room anyway.
lol.gif

lilithbloody

I'm planning to visit Ikea soon.. So i'd probably buy something like this.

I already have the big Malm vanity (almost 2 meters..) but i've no space left on it since I also use the vanity as a computer desk.. This mini drawer is perfect for me
smiles.gif

Thank you for sharing!

Aimishu

very nice. i used to use thing before my had a mac makeup explosion. Now i have the infamous ikea malm vanity table
smiles.gif

Latest posts