I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want

GreekChick

If you were a huge fan of the Spice Girls but never got to see them in concert, well now is you chance! The Spice Girls have reunited, and have announced a world tour.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6246448.stm

I use to copy the grunge style, but when the Spice Girls came out, it all changed! I really wanted to be Posh Spice. I wanted it all, her hair, her wardrobe. I owned some sky high platform shoes that my mother never let me wear. I was obsessed, and cried like so much when they broke up, it was so pathetic!
rofl.gif
Which Spice Girl did you want to be?
I remember them being criticized for the image they were displaying to young girls. The Spice Girls looked angelic when compared to today's singers, and their styles.

silverblackened

I loved them! In some ways, I still do - I was so sad when they announced the tour dates and Singapore wasn't on the list, LOL. My favourite was always Mel C, Sporty Spice, because I'm mad on football (she also supports Liverpool!) and she made it cool to wear sports apparel 24/7, which was pretty much my standard gear at the time. Plus I figured she didn't spend as much time as the other girls doing her hair/face/etc... Oh the naivety of preteens.

I could go into a long spiel about their obscenely clever marketing strategy - they were actually a case study for my class on popular culture last year - but I'll spare you all my enthusiasm and just mention that ITA, GreekChick. Compared to, say, Amy Winehouse, the Spice Girls look like saints.
winks.gif

Latest posts