Illamasqua Discussion

Busttamuv3

I love Illamasqua. I haven't been disappointed with any of their products thus far. I have yet to try out their foundations though. Any shade recommendations for the Rich Foundation and Skin base for NC40-NC42 skin?

fleur de lis

I love Illamasqua. I haven't been disappointed with any of their products thus far. I have yet to try out their foundations though. Any shade recommendations for the Rich Foundation and Skin base for NC40-NC42 skin?

Have a look at the shade conversion chart here for the skin base:
http://www.illamasqua.com/upload_files/MAC%20comparison%20chart.pdf

and take a look at temptalia's foundation matrix to find your shade in the rich foundation: http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix

Have a look at the shade conversion chart here for the skin base:
http://www.illamasqua.com/upload_files/MAC%20comparison%20chart.pdf

and take a look at temptalia's foundation matrix to find your shade in the rich foundation: http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix

According to the chart, you would either be SB10 or 12. 12 is a neutral shade in person and slightly darker than SB10, which has a yellow undertone. Take a look at the swatches on this site as well to get a better idea:
http://www.sparklzandshine.com/2011/06/illamasqua-skin-base-swatches.html

Ingenue

My Illamasqua Skin Base is HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
yahoo.gif

AceyourFace, you are DEAD on with the color selections! I was stressed 'cause I swear that 14 looked a little light to me in the bottle. I nearly started cussing 'cause I don't want to have to wait for #15. But I put it on and YES!!! Fabulous, perfect match! Thank you!

Ingenue

What in theeeee hell... THIS FOUNDATION!
yahoo.gif
I am officially RUINED for other foundations. I can't take how well Skin Base performs. Seriously. Illamasqua is going to have to cough up a serious discount because I sincerely want to stock my kit with every color. Not kidding.

@Ingenue- I love how excited you are about Skin Base. Happy to help. You can register for a pro discount on Illamasqua.com, under "professional". You can scan and upload the necessary proof. Takes about a week or so. then all your shopping will be discounted once you are approved. Just log into your account to do your shopping.

Ingenue

@Ingenue- I love how excited you are about Skin Base. Happy to help. You can register for a pro discount on Illamasqua.com, under "professional". You can scan and upload the necessary proof. Takes about a week or so. then all your shopping will be discounted once you are approved. Just log into your account to do your shopping.
I do get a small discount, but it really only covers shipping. I don't know what I have to do to qualify for the maximum professional discount. I understand that they are given out according to your 'level' in the industry...? Whatever the case, I don't appear to qualify. So purchases still make quite the dent in my purse, especially with the conversion.

@Ingenue -- hmmm, that's not my understanding. I know students and drag performers who have a 40%, so that's very strange. I honestly wouldn't be afraid to email them about it.

i'm between nw15 and nw20 in mac, not sure whether to get sb2 or sb4 in the new skin base foundation. help!

I went on a swatch mission this weekend and compared every shade in MAC's SFF line with all of Illamasqua's Skin Base shades. These will be up on my blog later today: http://aceyourface.co.uk . Because I had another recommendation request for an NW 15/20, I have a photo that you may be able to utilize. After comparing in person. Skin Base 5 is the better match for someone between NW 15-20. I don't know if this will be evident from the photos.

Hope that's helpful. You can find more about the explanations on my blog.

-Kadian

LeeleeBell

Thought it would be fun to name all our favorite Illamasqua products thus far :)

My favorite item(s) from Illamasqua is their lipsticks by far and my favorite shades are:
Atomic, Drench, Welt, Salacious, Diablo and Scandal.

Favorite Blush: Katie

And I am a big fan of RF foundation; I like to use it sheered down/in combo with illuminators or moisturizers but it offers the best finish and coverage and lasting power for me (when applied with fingers+Beauty Blender)...haven't found another foundation thats as good on my skin.

trollydolly

I am loving Skin Base so far. The only down side is that it is dewy on my combination skin but that's nothing mac blot powder will not sort out! I also ordered Hussy powder blush and Rude cream blush and I am in love with those so far!

Ingenue

@Ingenue -- hmmm, that's not my understanding. I know students and drag performers who have a 40%, so that's very strange. I honestly wouldn't be afraid to email them about it.

Hmmm... I have no idea. I'll call them and email them and find out what's going on. I'd heard that others had 40% too. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it. In the meantime, I am LOVING my Skin Base!
pompom.gif

Busttamuv3

All you enablers! haha. Now I really want to try the skin base foundation. Please tell me it has good coverage though because MAC face & body does nothing for me.

All you enablers! haha. Now I really want to try the skin base foundation. Please tell me it has good coverage though because MAC face & body does nothing for me.

Skin Base is worlds apart from MAC face and body, which is more sheer. The coverage of Skin Base is excellent, but it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. SB is also buildable up to full coverage by applying another layer.

My favourite products for myself are:

the pure pigments (Ore, Static and Android)

lipsticks (Box, Resist, Climax, Diablo (was totally sleepin' on this colour for too long) and Brink)

blushes (Lover, Excite, Create)

I also prefer the Rich Liquid foundation for my super oily skin when I need something that I'm confident will stand up to a long, grueling day.

Oh and SEALING GEL! They need to make this stuff in bigger bottles. Amazing! It turns any powder into a waterproof, crease-proof paint/liner/shellac...whatever you want it to be.

Ingenue

Oh favorites are easy for me...

SKIN BASE.... yep

Pure Pigment in Ore (I keep three in rotation)

Lipsticks in Box, Underworld, Ignite, and Salacious

Intense Lipgloss in Fierce

Metal Powder in Ether

Blush in Nymph and Expose

LisaOrestea

My illamasqua favourites are:

Katie Blush (<3 this!)

Matt Primer (I have the satin too but I don't really find myself reaching for it.)

Static Pigment (GORGEOUS over a black base!)

Matter Eyeshadow

Still waiting to try skin base. Gonna find me a counter on tour this summer :)

sss215

My favourite products for myself are:

the pure pigments (Ore, Static and Android)

lipsticks (Box, Resist, Climax, Diablo (was totally sleepin' on this colour for too long) and Brink)

blushes (Lover, Excite, Create)

I also prefer the Rich Liquid foundation for my super oily skin when I need something that I'm confident will stand up to a long, grueling day.

Oh and SEALING GEL! They need to make this stuff in bigger bottles. Amazing! It turns any powder into a waterproof, crease-proof paint/liner/shellac...whatever you want it to be.
Is this available in the states at Sephora? If so I need to look for it right now! I love the look of Vapour eyeshadow, but its not stateside. One day I plan on ordering overseas and getting it.

Latest posts