Illamasqua Discussion

Tahti

^ Congratulations! Their intense lipglosses are awesome, you don't need any lipstick at all, but you can sheer them down if you want. I've got a few of their L/S's and I love Fetish and Drench, the former being purple and the latter an amazing pink.

As for ES's I have Fallen (a bluey purple) and Savage (more of a plum) I think Fallen is gorgeous ^_^

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I won 2nd place in the Illamasqua contest! Yay!

OK so I get to pick 2 items, my choice between lipstick, lipgloss and eyeshadow. What would you recommend I try? I'm thinking of trying their opaque lipgloss although I'm tempted by the lipsticks as well. I want to get a really nice eyeshadow too, I was thinking purple, anyone had a look at their purple eyeshadows in person? Which one is the most vibrant/pretty? Or is there a stand-out eyeshadow I should try?

Fallen is a very vibrant gorgeous colour eyeshadow. Oh and congratulations!

sarahx

I must have missed this whole thing about Illamasqua! I was in selfridges today trying to get everything on my MAC list, which they had none of!! when I stumbled across the counter and started talking to the MUA there who was really nice and I ended up getting 2 inteste colour lipglosses, they are amazing! The new blue/bronze eye shadow pallette, collide nail polish and the top coat
smiles.gif
Very happy with everything I got, I love it. Best of all, I've got a free makeup lesson/make over which was suppost to be £20.

Ejka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Is Fallen kind of like MUFE Nr. 92?

I have yet to see Fallen irl, but they seem to be very different. Check out the Illamasqua review and swatches on Cosmetosaur. The one thing that Fallen and MUFE 92 have in common is the matte finish, however, MUFE is a much bolder, vibrant, pigmented colour - It's not realy dupable
ssad.gif
. The reviewer states tha Fallen is not all that exciting and quite close to MAC's Indian ink (and according to the swatches, I agree completely). Hope that helps.

user79

OK I saw a swatch of Fallen and it looked quite dull. Hm I might not even get an e/s now, a lot of the swatches I've seen make the colors look a lot less vibrant irl than online.
ssad.gif

Maybe I'll get a lipgloss and a lipstick.

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahx
I must have missed this whole thing about Illamasqua! I was in selfridges today trying to get everything on my MAC list, which they had none of!! when I stumbled across the counter and started talking to the MUA there who was really nice and I ended up getting 2 inteste colour lipglosses, they are amazing! The new blue/bronze eye shadow pallette, collide nail polish and the top coat
smiles.gif
Very happy with everything I got, I love it. Best of all, I've got a free makeup lesson/make over which was suppost to be £20.

wow thats great sarah! You must have got the Sirens eyeshadow palette, i think it looks gorgeous. Which intense lipglosses did you get?

jenizzle

I would have to agree, a lot of the eyeshadows are very pretty to look at but appear quite dull when you swatch them and the colour payoff isn't amazing. Perhaps they aim for a more buildable colour than instant wow??

I'm still in awe at the lip products though! Just a pity the lipglosses don't last too long on - but then again, what lip gloss does?!

Girl about town

I visited the Glasgow Illamasqua counter today and oooohhhh myyyy gawd!!!! Its amazing such lovely bright pigmented colours, this is defo the start of a new obsession, i came away with The rich foundation in 205, this stuff has seriously mega coverage but is still really smooth in texture,i also got the satin primer which is lovely. I feel in love with a lipstick called obey which is a perfect pink/coral with (no brown tones yay) but it was sold out i,ll defo be going back for it, i love matt lipsticks.
I was also impressed by how pigmented the lip products are.

Girl about town

its sold out online too boooo!!!!, Tried my rich foundation and whoa was like putting on panstick at first i was a bit worried but it smoothed out nicely with a lot of blending and looks mega matt and perfect now!!! like a kind of flawless 1940s starlet look!!! defo not for those looking for a sheer look!! i'll need to super moisturise when i use this as i imagine it would stick in any dry bits!!

Indian Barbie

i wonder what shade foundation is close to NC45? Seriously my mac mineral foundation is really bad for my skin, so oily! Mineral just does not suit me at all

Girl about town

The 205 was comparable to NC25 or mufehd 120 , they had a huge range of skin tones right from whitest white up to darkest brown!! i was really impressed they even had lots of concealer shades!!

The foundation would be perfect for someone wanting mega coverage and has really oily skin, i used the satin primer under it as i imagine the matt one would be too dry!

Tahti

^ The Rich foundation does give amazing coverage but its more for nighttime looks for me! I got addicted to wearing it every day and going 'oooh look I look like an airbrushed photo' xD but it dried me out too much...
The Light foundation is perfect for everyday coverage, I use it with the pressed powder or the powder foundation *which is awesome*..

I love love love Illamasqua's skin makeup, esp. cause it's the first in years that matches me, but I do have one grr against them - I can't get their concealer to apply with any of my three concealer brushes, it's not creamy enough D: which means I have to apply it with my finger, which I do not like doing at all because I hate hand germs on my makeup.. I haven't tried the under eye concealer yet, but I've a feeling it might be the same.

Girl about town

i agree i think the rich foundation is defo for night time looks as would look a bit caked in an everyday dropping my son at nursery situation LOL!!!

Can't wait to wear it out at night though its going to make an awesome canvas , i like mega dramatic looks though so its probably not for everyone. I sheered mine out today by mixing it with the satin primer and it was ok for every day use!

The m/a said its primarily a night time look range so all the products aren't exactly natural, but that suits me fine
yes.gif
fed up of crappy sheer make up that looks like im not wearing any! (Lustres im talking to you!!!!)

Im soooo going back for another look when i have more cash, i was holding back a bit the other day as i was worrying my internal make up junkie would take over and make me buy loads of stuff!!!

What lipsticks have you tried Tahti? would you recommend any certain colours?

Tahti

Omg I totally agree about Lustres, gaaah! I always end up buying them by accident somehow after swatching them, and then when I get home/recieve them in the mail my expression is usually somewhat akin to this -_-;;;

I have the following L/S's - Obey, Box, Drench, Welt, Fetish, Growl and Strip..
Box and Drench are gorgeous pinks, Box is the brighter of the two, I think I have it in one of my FOTD's! Welt is a kind of plummy off-red, I would totally recommend this, it's fabulous. Fetish and Growl are purples, Fetish is amaaazing ;O proper vivid purple! Strip is a white L/S, which is awesome when I want to do proper nude lips because MAC Myth looks colourful on me xD

Seeing as a lot of people are wondering about this brand, I was thinking of doing some swatches.. any interest?

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
Omg I totally agree about Lustres, gaaah! I always end up buying them by accident somehow after swatching them, and then when I get home/recieve them in the mail my expression is usually somewhat akin to this -_-;;;

I have the following L/S's - Obey, Box, Drench, Welt, Fetish, Growl and Strip..
Box and Drench are gorgeous pinks, Box is the brighter of the two, I think I have it in one of my FOTD's! Welt is a kind of plummy off-red, I would totally recommend this, it's fabulous. Fetish and Growl are purples, Fetish is amaaazing ;O proper vivid purple! Strip is a white L/S, which is awesome when I want to do proper nude lips because MAC Myth looks colourful on me xD

Seeing as a lot of people are wondering about this brand, I was thinking of doing some swatches.. any interest?

omg.gif
Yes please!
yes.gif

Indian Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
^ The Rich foundation does give amazing coverage but its more for nighttime looks for me! I got addicted to wearing it every day and going 'oooh look I look like an airbrushed photo' xD but it dried me out too much...
The Light foundation is perfect for everyday coverage, I use it with the pressed powder or the powder foundation *which is awesome*..

I love love love Illamasqua's skin makeup, esp. cause it's the first in years that matches me, but I do have one grr against them - I can't get their concealer to apply with any of my three concealer brushes, it's not creamy enough D: which means I have to apply it with my finger, which I do not like doing at all because I hate hand germs on my makeup.. I haven't tried the under eye concealer yet, but I've a feeling it might be the same.

I'm sure you've tried this but getting a small amount on the back of your hand warms it up, no?

Tahti

^ Mm, I've tried taking out a bit and warming it up but it's still kind of tacky somehow ;/ I'm going to check out and swatch the under eye concealer tomorrow though, hopefully it'll be better!

Latest posts